Details: Salary is negotiable and based on experience
422 Willow Avenue
Mustard Seed School is a close-knit Christian learning community (Grades pre-K to 8) located in Hoboken, NJ. The Director of Development is part of the team that is responsible for the development and implementation of all fundraising efforts. The Director of Development works closely with the Head of School, the Director of Finance and Operations, the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Director of Admissions and Community Relations, and the Board of Trustees. He/she serves on the administrative leadership team. The Director of Development will intentionally endeavor to increase local and national awareness of Mustard Seed School’s commitment, work, and outstanding results in our urban community.
An ideal candidate would be a person who is a hard worker, a connector, maintains flexibility, takes initiative, and is able to collaborate with colleagues, donors, parents, and community leaders.
- Serve on the administrative leadership team
- Promote a culture of joyful giving and philanthropy
- Work with the Development Committee, Board of Trustees, and Head of School to develop and execute both short and long-term strategies to initiate and meet fundraising goals
- Attend Board meetings and provide reports to the Board and key constituencies
Major Gifts, Campaigns, Grants
- Train and lead Development Committee Members and Trustees in major gift solicitation
- In collaboration with the Head of School, identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major and planned gift donors and prospects
- Manage relationships with campaign counsel during campaigns
- Oversee grants
- Lead and manage a Development Office responsible for major gifts, the annual fund, capital/endowment campaigns, planned giving, grant writing, alumni relations, special events, and database administration
- Supervise development staff
- Oversee special events
- Develop and manage the budget for the Development Office
- Mentor, guide, and collaborate with development staff members, including setting clear goals, provide regular feedback, and encourage collaboration within the office and other key departments
- Manage and supervise volunteers as necessary
- Communicate and present skillfully
- Meet fundraising goals through results-oriented efforts
- Utilize strong management and organizational skills
- Honors the commitments that are expressed in Mustard Seed School handbooks
- Takes responsibility for other tasks assigned by Head of School
- Participates in an annual evaluation of job performance
- Actively participate in a Christian worshiping community.
65% health and dental insurance premium included
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume, and in a separate document, please comment on the following:
1. Give a brief account of your Christian experience.
2. Describe yourself. What assets would you bring to an urban/intercultural school?
3. What questions or issues do you feel will be important to Christians as we engage the 21st Century?
4. What is your vision for fundraising and advancement at a small urban Christian school.