7100 Connecticut Avenue
4-H, the nation’s largest youth development organization, grows confident young people who are empowered for life today and prepared for career tomorrow through hands-on learning. 4-H programs inspire kids to do by empowering nearly six million young people across the U.S. through experiences that develop critical life skills. In the U.S., 4-H serves every county and parish through our network of 110 universities and more than 3000 local offices. 4-H is led by a unique private-public partnership of universities, federal and local government agencies, foundations and professional associations. National 4-H Council is the private sector, non-profit partner of the Cooperative Extension System and 4-H National Headquarters located at the National Institute of Food and Agriculture within the United States Department of Agriculture.
4-H seeks a go-getter Cause Marketing & Brand Initiatives Director to oversee and manage cause marketing brand initiatives and to develop integrated plans for partners that simultaneously advance 4-H’s brand goals. The Director will orchestrate, facilitate, lead, develop, and execute existing and, or newly developed cause marketing programs, collaboratively with internal and external partners. In addition, the Director will serve as program lead connecting and aligning fully integrated and cohesive brand programs that deliver maximum impact in the market. The director will also collaborate with other subject matter experts (SMEs) as well as resource development teams to ensure seamless, effective integration of brand messaging. This will include spearheading special projects, leading matrixed teams, and aligning priorities to match brand and funding partners’ needs.
Brand Initiative Duties
- Ensure brand messaging is integrated into new business development proposals, pitch decks, and 4-H pillar programs.
- Orchestrate and facilitate integrated brand campaigns by collaborating and coordinating with respective marketing subject matter experts to ensure cohesive roll-outs
- Steward/manage brand calendar
- Serve as primary brand SMEs and provide guidance to agency work across channels for brand campaign strategy and assets, including leading the development of creative briefs for campaign strategy concepts.
- Provide the day-to-day management for primary brand agency of record, including account management, agency budgeting and invoicing management, and facilitate organizational review and approval of concepts and deliverable.
Cause Marketing Duties
- Serve as lead marketing strategist and point of contact on the execution and activation, alignment, and coordination of organizational cause marketing plans, pillars, and brand marketing initiatives.
- Design and implement marketing plans and activation strategies of partnerships, in collaboration with resource development and functional marketing teams, including but not limited to marketing framework, campaign execution, press and storytelling, creative social media, digital influencer, and paid media.
- Oversee the development of a full suite of marketing tools/programs to support a successful cause marketing program pillar, including but not limited to a refreshed partnership sales pitch deck.
- Partner with Cause Marketing, Retail, and the Fundraising teams on the creation of partnership proposals and sales pitches, and in the development of marketing approaches (fundraisers will be responsible for relationship development and programing).
- Work closely with the Integrated Marketing Pillar leads to incorporate and manage cause marketing activation for current pillar partners.
- Work in alignment with internal stakeholders and key department staff to produce comprehensive strategies/programs to guide the integration of cause marketing programs and brand initiatives.
- Lead cross-departmental working team in support of the development of corporate activation and consumer call-to-action planning, work collaboratively across all areas of the organization as an advisor and partner of opportunities.
- Partner with the field marketing and account management teams to coordinate internal communications around cause marketing program roll-outs.
- Oversee and manage the cause marketing and brand budget.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of proven experience in developing integrated cause marketing campaigns with an emphasis on holistic brand and cause programming.
- Bachelors' in marketing, public relations, communications or other relevant discipline; Masters' degree preferred
- Must have prior experience leading cross-departmental working teams in support of corporate activation and planning.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and project management skills to facilitate relationship building
- Must have excellent written and oral skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Must be a strong critical and flexible thinker.
- Must be a strong leader, mentor, and trainer, with excellent leadership and people skills.
This job operates in a hotel and conference services environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel Requirements: Travel may be necessary, up to 25% of the time (local, regional, national, international). Would require travel by air, car, rail.
This position typically has the following career ladder:
- Senior Director
- Senior Vice President
Minimum Education Required