Position: Professional Learning Specialist
Location: Greater Los Angeles
At PowerMyLearning, we believe that students are most successful when supported by a triangle of strong learning relationships between students, teachers, and families. We partner with schools and districts nationwide to transform teaching and family engagement through professional development services and through our award-winning innovation, Family Playlists. PowerMyLearning is especially committed to students from low-income communities, students with learning differences, and English Language Learners.
The Professional Learning Specialist (PLS) is a member of PowerMyLearning's regional Professional Learning Team. This role reports to the regional Director of Programs (DOP) and collaborates closely with the national Professional Learning team. The regional Professional Learning Team is responsible for delivering services to schools and districts within the Greater Los Angeles region.
The PLS will manage partnerships and deliver professional learning and program training services to schools. This work will include facilitation of professional development workshops and professional learning communities, one-on-one and small group coaching on instructional best practices identified in the PowerMyLearning Framework for Teachers, and Family Playlists product trainings. The PLS will support additional professional learning team efforts as outlined below.
- Lead program implementation for a caseload of partnerships in their region, including both in-person and remote support as determined in collaboration with the schools and districts
- Manage relationships with school and district-based project managers and school leaders, including providing regular progress updates as determined for each partnership
- Collaborate with administrators and teachers at partner schools to develop goals to increase student achievement related to the programming sold to their schools
- Deliver high-quality professional development services grounded in the PowerMyLearning Framework for Teachers (including coaching and workshops) to schools and districts in their region
- Provide on-site guided support to teachers (demonstration teaching, classroom observation, feedback discussions, etc.) as they explore different ways they can strengthen learning relationships with students and families to support student success
- Work with teachers to set professional goals aligned to PowerMyLearning's Framework for Teachers and collect data and evidence of progress towards those goals
- Deliver high-quality Family Playlist product training and leverage Family Playlists resources with teachers to drive meaningful family engagement in the learning process including helping teachers create and customize Family Playlist assignments
- Ensure proper tracking and documentation of all partnerships, including of lessons learned to inform program improvement and evidence of progress toward student achievement and improved teacher instruction
- Support development and sales teams through site visits, presentations, meeting attendance and gathering data
- Communicate experiences and feedback from the field to inform program and partnership development
- Contribute to the development of program materials to be used organization-wide
- Under the guidance of PL team leadership and along with other members of the PL team, contribute to the creation of new resources, pilot new materials, and refine Framework-aligned professional development resources for teachers
- Assume ownership of project deliverables
- Provide feedback on work products and incorporate feedback into your own work products
- Contribute to internal training and professional learning initiatives by facilitating team learning calls and turnkeying professional learning experiences to the PL team
- Provide input and feedback on product and content development for PowerMyLearning Connect: School Edition
- As requested, help to define and clarify teacher user stories to provide direction to PowerMyLearning Connect product design and content teams and review early designs and playlists to provide feedback
- Passion for PowerMyLearning's mission.
- Bachelor's degree in Education or a related field
- 3+ years of k-12 teaching experience
- Experience working with youth and low-income communities
- Experience with leveraging technology to support instruction
- Experience with Culturally Responsive Teaching principles and practices
- Experience with Social Emotional Learning principles and practices
- Demonstrated experience leading presentations and/or training sessions
- Proven organizational and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage a complex schedule
- Capacity to thrive under pressure while working on multiple tasks and projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated flexibility when priorities change
- Experience managing school partnerships
- Experience working with an English Language Learner population
- Experience coaching/mentoring teachers
- Experience writing or developing lesson plans and curriculum
- Experience overseeing or leading professional development
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience. PowerMyLearning also offers medical, dental, and vision insurance with an employee contribution.
Qualified candidates can apply by visiting https://powermylearning.applicantpro.com/jobs/. You will need to submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter (outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, and how you heard about this opportunity).
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
PowerMyLearning is committed to building a diverse team of staff and strongly encourages applications from people of color.