The full-time Graphic/Web Designer position will develop graphics and related materials, including promotional materials that support the Communications Department’s goals. This position performs a critical role in designing creative graphics for events, print, digital, social media, e-mail, and communication needs. The ideal Graphic/Web Designer candidate will be technically sound with a keen eye for detail and the ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. The Graphic/Web Designer should be comfortable with day-to-day production and be able to interpret and bring to life our church’s story across various platforms, including both print and digital media.
The full-time Graphics Designer position’s primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Help conceive of and design assets for marketing collateral and branding materials including but not limited to: digital ads, email campaigns, print ads, landing pages, website banners, multimedia content, brochures, promotional items, flyers, logos and more.
• Must have a strong desire to understand our target audience and how to best reach them through artistic work.
• Maintain and design church’s websites and landing pages.
• Embrace the organization’s objectives while maintaining a strong desire to define/identify the look and feel of what is next in design and a passion for following the latest trends and technology.
• Exciting opportunity to provide art direction for photography shoots.
• Produce quality work under tight deadlines and self-manage their workload in fast paced team environment
• Collaborate with marketers, creative, and key internal stakeholders; supporting key stakeholders across the organization as needed.
• Think creatively to produce new ideas and be nimble to meet constraints of cost, time, and marketing needs.
• Create and maintain visual look and feel, graphics, and styles across materials, platforms, and channels.
• Develop and frame creative concepts that compellingly convey our brand positioning.
• Evolve the brand across several different types of print and digital media.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent customer service, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Highly proficient in Adobe CS Design Suite – InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver
and relevant web design applications such as HTML, CSS, and Flash.
• Animation, motion graphics, sound and video editing capabilities are a plus.
• Interest in branding and ability to follow brand guidelines.
• Strong work ethic, demonstrated by relentless energy and drive to guide projects to completion.
• Exceptional multitasking, time management, and organizational skills, and sharp attention to detail.
• Ability to work closely and cooperatively (with grace under pressure) with a variety of internal constituencies.
• Ability to create positive working relationships with a diverse group of people and volunteers
including gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, and culture and skill level differences.
• Professional, courteous team player with a positive and friendly personality and dedicated work ethic is essential.
• Highly conceptual thinker with an exceptional eye for design, typography and understanding of color theory that is showcased in a proven portfolio.
• Successful candidates will be a creative self-starter who can work independently who is systematic and technically sound.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
The full-time Graphic/Web Designer position requires the following:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience required.
• 3-5 years of experience in print and interactive design in a media, agency, digital, or start-up environment.
• Photo research and sourcing experience.
• Work experience in a church or non-profit preferred.
The full-time Graphic/Web Designer position will develop graphics and related materials, including promotional materials that support the Communications Department’s goals. This position performs a critical role in designing…
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, portfolio and list of three references to email@example.com. To find out more about Alfred Street Baptist Church, candidates should visit our website at www.alfredstreet.org.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, portfolio and list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. To find out more about Alfred Street Baptist Church…