Details: Stipend: $3,500
401 Old Church Road
REACH Prep Mission: REACH Prep provides access to transformative educational experiences that empower underserved, high-achieving students to graduate from top colleges and emerge as the next generation of leaders.
Prep Academy Academic Advisor
REACH Prep seeks applicants who are passionate about expanding educational opportunities for underserved students. The Academic Advisor will play a teaching, advisory and administrative role for our Prep Academy Program for the youngest scholars - 5th and 6th graders. As a member of our hardworking team, this position will be directly involved in rigorously preparing highly talented and motivated students for independent schools and ultimately college graduation. This internship is perfectly suited for someone who is truly invested in education and making a difference. Our program seeks to highlight the strengths and interests of the advisors and gives them opportunities to lead projects and activities based on those interests. Your contributions will help shape the experience and growth of our scholars so be prepared to take initiative on a frequent and consistent basis.
The Academic Advisor will be responsible for a variety of tasks and projects which include the following:
● Implementing and teaching an advisory curriculum based on the academic and social needs of students
● Creating thoughtful, engaging, and age appropriate activities for the scholars
● Collaborating with Prep Academy team in a challenging and supportive environment
● Actively participating in weekly faculty meetings to discuss scholar progress with REACH Prep’s CEO, the Director of Prep Academy, teachers, and fellow advisors
● Clerical/administrative tasks
● Supervising scholars during academic and free periods (recess, lunch)
● Classroom management
● Developing a trusting relationship with scholars
Qualifications & Eligibility:
● Currently enrolled in college or graduate school
● Strong academic record and excellent writing skills
● Strong work ethic and exceptional communication and organizational skills
● Flexible, ready to take initiative and equipped to problem solve
● Eager and willing to expand their knowledge base and skill set
● Spanish fluency is a plus
● Applicants with technology skills are desired (e.g. familiarity with Chromebooks, Google Suite, Google Classroom, SmartBoards, and video editing applications).
Dates: June 18 - August 2, 2019
Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Location: Greenwich Country Day School (GCDS)
Transportation: You must be able to provide your own transportation to and from GCDS daily.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications are available via https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8RD7MBM. In addition, please submit the following electronically to Betsy Pacey, Director of Prep Academy, at email@example.com: a cover letter, resume, and a letter of recommendation from either a college professor or professional contact. The deadline is December 3, 2018.