Details: $30/hour, Part time approximately 20 hours per week
Confluence Philanthropy is a non-profit, membership-based association of foundations, high net worth investors and their investment advisors who collaborate in Mission-Related Investing (MRI): the process of integrating investment strategy with social and/or environmental goals. Confluence Members represent a combined $3.5 trillion in assets under management, with more than $70 billion designated as philanthropic capital. Members are committed to full mission alignment when prudent and feasible. Based in the United States, Europe, Latin America, Canada and Puerto Rico, our members collectively invest around the world.
About the Role:
The Communications Manager is a new position at Confluence that will be responsible for supporting the team to design and develop all external marketing material to uphold and promote Confluence’s brand. We are seeking someone with design, photo-editing and layout experience who is also a strong writer with polished copy-editing skills and strong attention to detail. This individual must be able to execute on the vision of others in a way that consistently delivers a superior quality professional product that upholds Confluence’s brand. This individual must be a self-starter, capable of managing competing priorities, and feel comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment within a small team. The ideal candidate should be able to offer compelling examples of work done previously.
Virtually Reports to: Managing Director
Location: Downtown Oakland, California or New York City with the ability to work virtually with the other office.
Schedule: 20 hours per week to start with the potential for a full-time role. Must be available during business hours pacific time.
Compensation: $30,000 annually
Start Date: Immediate
Design: Collaborate with the Managing Director to update current Confluence collateral as needed
- Develop member-focused communication materials, including, but not limited to, promotional e-mails, print collateral, event signage, PowerPoints and website content
- Develop and update branded e-mail templates for program content
- Introduce professional design elements/creativity to how Confluence uses images from our photo archive in external communications
- Ensure consistency in image quality and sizing for various media as needed
Content: Coordinate the team to deliver program content
- Copy write text for online and print collateral and reports
- Coordinate blog and newsletter content
- Craft monthly e-newsletter/new member updates; manage team to deliver content
- Manage team to generate social media content (Twitter and Facebook currently)
- Other projects and tasks as assigned
- A Bachelor's degree; Masters preferred
- At least 2 years of experience working in communications/marketing
- Impeccable attention to detail and commitment to consistently delivering an exceptional work product.
- Strong writing and editing skills, experience in the financial sector preferred
- Ability to understand quickly grasp complex information and communicate to a variety of audiences
- Stellar photo-editing/layout skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, MailChimp, Squarespace, and Microsoft Office
- Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work, manage details, adapt easily to changing priorities, and deliver under tight deadlines
- Experience using social media in a professional setting
- Professional maturity, and the ability to perform under pressure
- A high level of discretion for both professional and personal affairs
- Strong interest in environmental and social investing, and the path to a new economy
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit: 1) resume; 2) cover letter; 3) Three samples of visual content; 4) 3 examples of copy content; 5) 3 professional references. Note that incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Send to David Estrada, Managing Director, david_at_confluencephilanthropy_dot_org
Diverse candidates strongly encouraged to apply.