137 Belmont Avenue
Position: Part time Office Manager – Seth Low Cornerstones
Program/Department: Cornerstone Program, Division of Youth Development
Reports to: Cornerstone Site Director
Work Location: 137 Belmont Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11212
Hours: Part Time
Brooklyn Community Services is one of Brooklyn’s first and largest non-sectarian social services agencies. Serving more than 10,000 individuals annually, BCS is committed to a broad and diverse range of services including prevention of foster care placement; crisis intervention; early childhood and after school education; and vocational training, job placement, and clinical services to adults with physical and developmental disabilities, and histories of mental illness.
Cornerstone Programs provide academic and recreational opportunities to children, teens and adults in NYCHA community centers. The Cornerstone program is offered every weekday from 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. , 10:00 am to 5:00pm on weekends, and extended hours during the summer and school holidays. BCS Cornerstone Programs are located in Brownsville, Fort Greene, and Coney Island.
- Provide administrative oversight, direction, training and support to staff, volunteers and interns for the effective and professional administration of the department.
- Greet and meet parents and providers.
- Arrange meetings and workshops using Google Calendar.
- Prepare documents, correspondence, flyers, packets of information, etc.
- Develop organizational procedure and systems for office personnel, including filling, billing, payroll and scheduling.
- Enhance programming by completing program paperwork such as attendance, visitors log, activity and sign in sheets etc.
- Build positive relationships with youth and young adults and serve as a role model with respect to demeanor, communication and behavior.
- Under the direction and approval of the site director, establish and maintain systems to monitor and manage employee records and files; conduct new employee orientations; and oversee and document the use of sick, vacation and personal leave and lateness.
- Oversee the professional use of phones and provide technical assistance to staff when necessary.
- Order, secure, manage and maintain office supplies and equipment.
- Prepare for all meetings that are occurring in the center such as agendas, room set up and phone calls.
- Assist with the recruitment and enrollment of new children.
- Must be able to multi-task, be detailed oriented, and flexible.
- Assist with the completion of DYCD monthly deliverables and inventory lists.
- Assist with inputting attendance and activities into DYCD Database.
- Attend trainings, professional developments and staff meetings as needed.
- Responsibilities to open the center when Site Director or Assistant Director are off-site
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be familiar with non-profit, youth or social service agencies.
- Demonstrated skills and competencies in program and human resource administration, and ability to manage multiple administrative tasks while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to creatively problem-solve information management challenges.
- Professional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with staff, volunteers, program members, parents, community residents, visitors, and vendors.
- Must be computer proficient in Microsoft Word, Access, Publisher, and Excel, and must be able to learn DYCD Administrative Database.
- Familiarity and compliance with office protocols involving dress, demeanor, record keeping, confidentiality, staff meetings, visitors, and employee use of supplies and equipment.
- Reliable and able to work as a team member.
High school degree required, one year experience in office setting, good communication skills
Associates degree in Business Administration or related field
Medical insurance, voluntary dental and vision insurance; 23 accrued vacation days and 12 sick days, life insurance coverage paid by employer, pre-tax commuter benefits, 403b retirement plan as well as training and professional development opportunities.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email Resume and Cover Letter to:
Kimberly Peters – Program Director