11 Davis Avenue
The Long Island Children’s Museum, located in Garden City, New York, is a not-for-profit learning laboratory that inspires children and adults through interdisciplinary, hands-on, fun experiences. We currently have the following exciting position available:
Kindergarten Readiness Coordinator (ESL)
- Spanish language lead teacher for Together to Kindergarten- Kindergarten readiness program including recruitment, registration, teaching, and facilitating parenting workshops
- Proficient in Spanish language and written
- Spanish language translation for program documents and other museum needs
- Create and maintain meaningful partnerships with the Latino community
- Train and supervise staff in early childhood TTK programming
- Visitor Experience Coordinator (3 days a week September-June)
o Responsible for overseeing all aspects of the daily floor operations to ensure safe, entertaining and positive experiences for our visitors
o Providing supervision, training and guidance to floor staff, volunteers, interns and work study
o Function as a liaison between, exhibits, education programing, facilities and communications and marketing for museum needs
The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in education or related field, plus prior experience working with young children and their caregivers. Must be bi-lingual (English/Spanish).
Candidates must also possess excellent public speaking and “people” skills, be organized and able to work independently while still being a team player. Candidates must be enthusiastic about museum/informal education. Some night and/or weekend work is required. Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
Level of Language Proficiency
Must be bi-lingual (English/Spanish).
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements to: Human Resources Department, Long Island Children’s Museum, 11 Davis Avenue, Garden City, NY 11530; 516/302-8188 (fax); or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
THE LONG ISLAND CHILDREN’S MUSEUM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.