The U.S. Global Leadership Coalition (USGLC) is seeking an experienced, energetic, detail-oriented professional for the position of South Outreach Manager. The South Outreach Manager will join a talented and high-performing team responsible for USGLC’s outreach work outside of Washington D.C. on the importance of U.S. global leadership and strong and effective development and diplomatic programs. This position will support the National Outreach Director and Deputy National Outreach Director – East in executing USGLC’s outreach and advocacy strategies.
- Expand grasstops network in Florida, Georgia, and Alabama by identifying and recruiting influential business, civic, military, academic, and faith-based leaders to support USGLC’s efforts.
- Provide strategic input in directing the organization’s educational and advocacy efforts in southern states.
- Indirect supervisory responsibilities.
- Engage and educate USGLC’s state network and develop small and large education events and programs as well as ongoing communications.
- Organize in-district meetings with USGLC state leaders and policymakers.
- Organize meetings with Congressional candidates across the southern United States.
- Mobilize state leaders to contact policymakers during key legislative deliberations.
- Speak at local events about the importance of U.S. global leadership and a strong and effective International Affairs Budget.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in political science, public policy, international relations or another related field.
- Two to four years of experience in a political campaign, grasstops community organizing, and/or an issue-advocacy setting.
- Strong public speaking skills and ability to create and deliver presentations before high-profile audiences.
- Presidential, Senatorial, and/or Congressional campaign experience is highly desirable, with experience preferred in southern states.
- Knowledge of international relations as well as a demonstrated ability to organize high-level individuals in advocacy efforts.
- Demonstrated abilities in planning meetings and large events, writing, organizing, and training skills.
- Ability to proactively engage prominent leaders in the political, business, faith-based, military, academic, and civic communities.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, fluid and flexible team environment.
- Ability and desire to travel domestically on a frequent basis (when appropriate, based on health and safety guidelines).
Competitive salary will be offered, commensurate with experience and qualifications. The USGLC also provides a package of benefits, including health and disability insurance, retirement plan, paid annual and sick leave and federal holidays.
About the USGLC:
The U.S. Global Leadership Coalition is a bipartisan, broad-based influential network of 500 businesses and NGOs; national security and foreign policy experts; and business, faith-based, academic and community leaders in all 50 states who support elevating diplomacy and development alongside defense in order to build a better, safer world.