Boys Hope Girls Hope of Detroit currently has a part-time position available for an Operations Assistant The Operations Assistant directly assists the Executive Director in support of administration, as well as general management of the office. The position also performs human resource functions, including benefit administration and accounting functions including receivables, payables, banking, payroll and budget preparation.
General Description The Operations Associate directly assists the Executive Director in support of administration, as well as general management of the office. The position also performs human resource functions, including benefit administration, program data analysis, and accounting functions including receivables, payables, audits, banking, payroll, and budget preparation.Specific Duties
Clerical Support of Executive Director:
- · Prepare correspondence for Executive Director
- · Typing, copying, faxing and filing materials related to the administration of the office
- · Prepare Board and board committee meeting agendas, handouts and mailings as needed
- · Take minutes at board meetings
- · Prepare: monthly and annual closings/accruals, annual budget, monthly financial and donor reports for staff, Governing Board, Executive and Finance Committees
- · Prepare: all audit schedules and work with auditors in preparation of annual report including maintenance of fixed asset/depreciation records
- · Execute: Bank reconciliations, deposit processing, temporarily restricted net assets reconciliations, journal entry preparation, account analysis/reconciliations, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll processing
- · Prepare: tax and informational returns, renewals for state and local licensing, maintain insurance information/claims
- · Manage: financial processing/operations of major event fundraisers
- · Train: house staff in financial aspects of their position
- · Maintain: accuracy of donor database including timely recording of gifts and creating/updating donor records in Sales Force, and generate reports as requested
- · Provide: monthly accounting reports to National Office Human Resources:
- · Onboarding of employees - explain the benefits and forms new hires are required to complete in the on boarding process
- · Maintain Personnel Records to ensure compliance with organizational policy, State Licensing and Federal regulations
- · Handle Benefits Administration - submit enrollment, changes and terminations from benefits plans to National Office and direct questions to appropriate sources
- · Administer payroll procedures/provide payroll information to National Office for processing.
Program Data Analysis:
- · Perform routine audits of scholar databases and files; maintain database records by ensuring the information is up to date and accurate
- · Perform scholar reports to review grades, assessments, and annual surveys
- · Conduct data analysis in conjunction with Scholar Support Team
- · Maintenance of all office equipment and technology
- · Manage maintenance/repair budget for houses in conjunction with Executive Director
- · Track auto and home insurance, process claims
- · Distribute mail
- · Answer phone calls received on main line
- · Purchase and stock office supplies
- · Support of mailings
Other Duties/Projects As Assigned
Two-year degree in business, accounting, secretarial services or related area. Ability to type 45 wpm accurately Knowledge of correct grammar, spelling and ability to write appealing correspondence Ability to communicate with diverse population Must possess good decision making skills and time management skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, QuickBooks, and SalesForce.
The position requires the ability to be trusted with highly confidential information, regular written and verbal communication, planning and organizational skills, and use of computer databases. The position requires extensive use of phone and computer to complete duties.
Boys Hope Girls Hope is an equal opportunity employer. Employment with Boys Hope Girls Hope is on an at-will basis.
Boys Hope Girls Hope helps academically capable and motivated children-in-need to meet their full potential and become men and women for others by providing value-centered, family-like homes, opportunities and education through college.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information about Boys Hope Girls Hope, and to submit a resume, visit our website at https://bhghinternational.org/connect/. Select Detroit from the drop-down and then choose the Operations Assistant from the radio buttons and complete the resume submission. Please add a cover letter that tells us why you are interested in the position, some of your relevant experience, and your salary expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer