Amigos de las Américas (AMIGOS) is a leader in international youth development, creating a world in which young people realize their full potential as leaders and global citizens. We provide extraordinary opportunities for youth to design and lead projects in collaboration with U.S. and Latin American peers and partner organizations across the Americas. Our strong partner network, built over 55 years, enables authentic engagements in communities across the region.
The VISTA member will help build AMIGOS' capacity to expand programming to Colorado. AMIGOS is a youth leadership organization with 55+ years of experience providing authentic service opportunities to young people in the US and Latin America. As AMIGOS expands its reach in the U.S., the VISTA role will be integral to building strong relationships with partner agencies, youth-service organizations, and communities where AMIGOS volunteers will serve in Colorado. In this role, the VISTA will help the team launch year round programming in the state by developing service opportunities and designing opportunities for community engagement on critical topics, including; environmental conservation, food security, climate change, and others. Additionally, the VISTA will play a key role beyond program design, including; coordinating data collection, monitoring and evaluation, and leading story collection efforts in Colorado as well as identifying possible partners for outreach and fund development. In this dynamic role, you will practice project management skills, meet with community partners, learn about Colorado and help design life changing experiences for young people.
Location: Denver, Colorado required. Current remote working position until further notice due to COVID-19.
Compensation: AmeriCorps VISTA Members receive a living allowance for their service. Visit the AmeriCorps Benefits page to learn more.
Service Term: 1/19/2021 - 1/18/2022
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Support programmatic expansion to Colorado in order to ensure long-term viability of programming;
· research local organizations as potential partners for service opportunities;
· build partnerships with local organizations;
· support with logsitics for service activities;
· support team with design of curriculum and training opportunities for youth volunteers on leadership, cultural exchange, diversity/equity and inclusion, and environmental conservation;
· enhance existing monitoring and evaluation systems; collect and analyze impact data;
· collect media and impact stories;
· research local foundations in Colorado;
· support with grant writing opportunities;
· research and develop partnerships with youth serving institutions such as schools and nonprofits to increase visibility of service opportunities;
other duties as assigned.
· Reports to the US Program Manager
· Regular collaboration with other VISTAs, VISTA site supervisors and VISTA Project Director
AmeriCorps VISTA Requirements
· 18 years old
· U.S. Citizens, nationals, or legal residents
· Successfully complete a criminal background check
· Political advocacy, organizing, or demonstrating while on VISTA duty, or while perceived to be on duty, is prohibited
PERKS AND BENEFITS
· Choice of education award or stipend
· Education award upon successful completion of service
· Health coverage
· Living allowance
· Relocation allowance
* Visit the AmeriCorps Benefits page to learn more.
View the Service Opportunity Listing and apply here.
For more information about AMIGOS, visit our website: www.amigosinternational.org
AMIGOS is an equal opportunity employer.
Amigos de las Américas (AMIGOS) is a leader in international youth development, creating a world in which young people realize their full potential as leaders and global citizens. We provide extraordinary opportunities for youth to design…