1625 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
District of Columbia
About State Voices
State Voices is committed to creating a fair and just society by advancing racial equity and working to make our democracy more accessible, inclusive, and representative.
Our network of 20 nonpartisan state coalitions, called “tables,” works with hundreds of grassroots organizations to break down barriers to civic participation and to bring underrepresented and marginalized populations―and their issues―to the center of public discourse. State Voices tables connect these groups to one another and to organizations from different sectors, creating multi-cultural, multi-issue coalitions that can leverage their collective power to transform our democracy.
State Voices fights for our democracy by focusing on civic access, civic engagement, and civic representation. We identify emerging trends in fundamental policy areas (voter registration, voter protection, Get Out the Vote, 2020 U.S. Census and redistricting reform) and share them with our diverse network of partner organizations working on critical issues ranging from reproductive rights to environmental justice. Additionally, through our Tools for All program, we provide participating organizations with access to data and technology to help them engage more effectively with their communities and with one another. For more information about State Voices, please visit www.statevoices.org.
State Voices is searching for a National VAN Administrator to provide support in aspects of data use and State Voices Voter Activation Network (State Voices VAN) administration for our partners in the 30 states without State Voices tables. Primary functions will be to provide State Voices VAN administrative support and assist partners in researching and developing their program plans. Primary constituencies served will be organizations conducting non-partisan public education campaigns for reproductive rights and justice. The National VAN Administrator will report to the Senior Manager of Strategic Partnerships, and will work with State Infrastructure Project partners in nine states and other State Voices partners as assigned.
● Advise partner organizations on the use of civic engagement and voter contact tools and assist them in successfully implementing data-driven direct outreach and data tools into their engagement programs.
● Administer State Voices VAN for State Voices partner organizations. This includes managing user and security settings; providing technical assistance; and monitoring use of the system to ensure compliance with state and national policies.
● Train partners and table staff on: NGP-VAN and other tools, targeting techniques (including the use of statistical models), and best practices for using data effectively.
● Prepare program analysis and make strategic recommendations to inform tables’ program plans as well as individual partner plans.
● Improve State Voices partners’ data through list matching, training on better data hygiene and data collections practices.
● Produce reports and other materials needed to track, support, and coordinate table and partner work.
● Other responsibilities as assigned.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess many, if not all, of the following qualifications:
● An understanding of common direct voter contact programs and at least 2-3 years of experience in 501c3 civic engagement organizing, labor or community organizing, or political campaigns preferred.
● Ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively.
● Ability to communicate effectively, work well under pressure, be detail-oriented and meet deadlines.
● Strong VAN (Voter Activation Network) experience and Excel skills preferred.
● Experience working in non-partisan and non-profit organizations, and familiarity with reproductive rights and justice organizations is a plus.
● Experience working with Tableau also a plus.
Compensation is competitive and includes a full benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “National VAN Administrator” in the e-mail subject line to ensure proper routing.
(Please note that as of July 1, 2018, our office will be relocated to1616 P Street, NW Suite 200, Washington, DC 20036)