1529 16th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Early Childhood Teaching Position
The Edlavitch DCJCC Preschool is seeking full-time early childhood teachers for our year-round program. The EDCJCC Preschool follows a play-based, constructivist/Reggio Emilia inspired curriculum. We are a Jewish preschool that celebrates Jewish holidays and emphasizes Jewish values. We are in the heart of Washington DC and enjoy the benefit of allowing our students to explore the neighborhood. We are looking for dedicated early childhood educators who are inspired by exploration, investigation, and observation and who are excited to meet children where they are and help them get where they need to go.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- In conjunctions with your co-teachers, follow and develop developmentally appropriate, constructivist curriculum that includes best-practices for early childhood education while interweaving Jewish content. This includes
- Creating a learning space that promotes curiosity, discovery, independence, self-esteem and creativity.
- Creating and documenting units of study by drawing on children’s natural curiosity and sense of wonder.
- Being present with children, asking questions, listening and honoring their thoughts and ideas.
- Teaching Jewish content to support children’s Jewish learning and identity.
- Documenting children’s learning through tools such as portfolios, visuals and written reflections, as well as providing daily communication with parents.
- Attending, assisting and participating in staff workshops, meetings, trainings and performance reviews.
- Working in a partnership that includes staff, parents and children.
- Fulfilling all licensing requirements from OSSE and NAEYC.
Qualifications and Skills:
Candidates must have:
1. A college degree (BA/BS or CDA) or higher in early childhood education/child development.
2. Classroom experience working with a mixed age group, 2-5 years of age.
3. A demonstrated understanding of the different developmental stages of two, three, four and five-year-olds effective ways to support their social and emotional development.
4. Experience developing and delivering age appropriate curriculum and tracking children's progress.
5. Strong group management skills
6. Exceptional classroom and time management skills
7. Excellent oral and written communication skills
8. Judaic knowledge or a willingness to learn and implement Judaic culture into the classroom.
Compensation & Benefits
1. Compensation is commensurate with experience
2. Health/ Dental insurance
3. Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
To apply please send a cover letter indicating why you think you would be a good fit for this position, and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Minimum Education Required