1224 M Street NW
The Environmental Film Festival in the Nation’s Capital (DCEFF) is one of the largest environmental film festivals in the world, presenting over 100 films each March at locations throughout the city. It is a long-running festival with a clear mission and a committed, long-standing group of supporters and staff. At the same time, it offers a dynamic working environment and a chance to be a valued player in a small team.
DCEFF is seeking a Development Manager to play a crucial role in managing all aspects of DCEFF’s development efforts. The Development Manager will track and execute and report on funding from all of DCEFF’s sources, which include foundations, corporations, government, individual and events. This is a mid-level position and currently reports to the Executive Director, works closely with all staff, and helps support the Board’s Development Committee.
- Update and manage income projections and actuals quarterly or as requested by leadership; manage donor database; prepare donor lists for printed annual catalog and website; analyze and report on fundraising performance; manage development expenses and budget; maintain relevant digital and hard copy files.
Gift Processing and Acknowledgements
- Work with Festival Coordinator to process all gifts in an accurate and timely manner; draft, prepare and mail acknowledgement letters and have grant agreements and MOUs signed and filed.
Foundation and Government Funding
- Manage the calendar and lifecycle of grants for foundation and government funders, including: writing proposals and reports, tracking proposals and reporting deadlines; fulfilling funder requirements; tracking correspondence
Donor Event Management
- Coordinate planning and execution of annual fundraising Embassy Gala
- In run-up to Festival, help plan and manage donor events and Festival receptions (approx. 12 receptions in 2018)
- Update sponsorship materials; communicate with corporate prospects and donors, and ensure all corporate deliverables are fulfilled
- With Executive Director, manage individual giving, including tracking all giving
- Plan and execute the year-end solicitations
- Manage Friends of the Festival membership program
- Manage annual Charitybuzz auction
Qualifications: Two years of experience in philanthropy. Excellent written and oral communication skills; exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to manage multiple projects and be a self-starter; ability to interact effectively with a range of personalities and work collaboratively as part of a relatively small staff; experience with donor management databases (eTapestry) and computer software including word processing (mail merge function) and spreadsheets (Excel and Google Docs). Event management experience preferred. Knowledge of the environmental community and passion for film and/or the environment is a plus.
DCEFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Job applicants are considered with no discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Minimum Education Required