Details: Commensurate with Experience
350A West 49th Street
About Encore: For over 40 years, Encore Community Services have provided care and services to the elderly of the Clinton, Times Square, and Midtown communities, so that they may live with dignity and decency in a safe and caring environment. Encore provides a comprehensive array of services for older New Yorkers including supportive and affordable housing, home delivered and sit down meals, case assistance, education, recreation, and friendly visiting. By nurturing, respecting and enabling, Encore hopes to improve the quality of an older person’s life, in an approach that emanates from the core of Encore’s commitment: a belief that what they do comes from the heart, and the heart is the center of it all.
About Position: The Development Associate plays an integral role in supporting the Development Department’s fundraising activities and assists in the administrative tasks related to raising programmatic and general operating support for the organization. The Development Associate will work as part of the Development and Marketing Team, supervised and reporting to the Director of Development.
· Assist in coordinating fundraising efforts, including: Annual Benefit and other special events
· Provide assistance with prospect research to secure new grants
· Manage and update donor database
· Track donations
· Assist in grant granting for submission of proposals and applications to foundations, corporations and government entities
· Provide support with Marketing and Communication efforts, including email appeals
· Assist in writing and editing all donor correspondence
· Proofread and edit Department materials
· Coordinate departmental mailings
· Collaborate with Director of Development and Marketing team on ongoing fundraising strategy, development and implementation
· Bachelor’s Degree with two years of fundraising experience, with grant writing experience preferred.
· Excellent writing, verbal, organizational and computer skills
· Experience in data base management
· Ability to work in a collaborative environment as a team player and to take initiative
· Superior attention to detail
· Must be able to stay on task, meet deadlines and follow through on assignments
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel
Minimum Education Required