BILINGUAL (ENGLISH/SPANISH) PSYCHOLOGIST/ CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKER
- Job posted by McSilver Institute for Poverty Policy and Research
41 East 11th Street, 7th Floor
The McSilver Institute for Poverty Policy and Research at New York University Silver School of Social Work is committed to creating new knowledge about the root causes of poverty, developing evidence-based interventions to address its consequences, and rapidly translating research findings into action through policy and best practices.
We are currently recruiting for full-time bilingual (English/Spanish) early career psychologist/advanced clinical social worker to join the Safe Mothers, Safe Children (SMSC) Project, an exciting trauma-informed collaboration between ACS and Silver School of Social Work, NYU. Reporting to the study’s principal investigators and clinical coordinator, the bilingual clinician will be primarily responsible for delivering an evidence-based mental health treatment for mothers in preventive services with histories of trauma/PTSD. The ideal candidate will have strong clinical skills, prior experience delivering evidence-based interventions, fluent in Spanish and strong organizational skills.
- Assessment of new referrals to the project
- Delivery of a manualized mental health intervention in child welfare settings and ensuring client engagement
- Participation in case discussions and staff meetings at participating agencies
- Maintaining clinical documentation
- Compliance with IRB regulatory requirements and procedures, including continuing education on ethics and conduct of research, consenting and assenting clients according to IRB standard guidelines
- Providing technical assistance and training to staff from contract agencies
- Assisting with database management and data analysis
- Assisting with papers and presentations
- LMSW, LCSW, PhD, or PsyD licensed or license eligible in the state of New York
- 3+ years’ years of clinical experience providing evidence based clinical interventions. Prior experience with research, project management, trauma interventions and child welfare is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and team work skills
Level of Language Proficiency
Must be bilingual (English/Spanish)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply
Interested applicants should email a detailed cover letter and CV to Dr. Sasha Stok (email@example.com) and Geetanjali Chugh (firstname.lastname@example.org). The institute seeks to fill this position immediately. NYU is an EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employer.