1313 East 60th Street
Research continues to show that a majority of America's schools fail to prepare students of color and students from low-income families to succeed in college and beyond. Many view these problems as intractable. UChicago Impact does not.
Launched in 2011 as a not-for-profit organization, UChicago Impact is one of four units that comprise the University of Chicago's Urban Education Institute (UEI). The other units include: the UChicago Charter School, the UChicago Consortium on School Research and the Urban Teacher Education Program (UTEP).
UChicago Impact culls knowledge and learning from across these units to create scalable evidence-based tools and supports designed to improve schooling nationwide. UChicago Impact stands apart from others in the market for the following reasons:
· It is embedded in The University of Chicago
· Its work is grounded in rigorous research
· It establishes long-term partnerships with schools and districts.
· Its partners achieve results
UChicago Impact currently has partners and clients in more than 60 cities and 33 states — including some of the highest performing school systems and charter management organizations nationwide (e.g., KIPP, Uncommon Schools, Achievement First).
The Manager of Partnerships and Growth will work collaboratively with the STEP Co-Director of Partnerships and Growth to establish new and manage existing partnerships, as well as help to refine and maintain the contracting process. This includes leading and/or supporting STEP-related business development efforts to ensure continued growth and impact. The successful applicant will conduct market research, with guidance from CoCEOs and Co-Director of Partnerships and Growth, to ensure UChicago Impact stays relevant within the educational market. He/She will assert ideas on how to approach sales for STEP. This role requires a range of skillsets including: deep knowledge of STEP (assessment and data management system), ability to speak to literacy knowledge and related supports for teachers and students, ability to oversee planning and execution of projects, and ability to establish high-level goals while also working to address the day-to-day responsibilities of project implementation. The Manager of Partnerships and Growth will also support occasional special projects related to client needs and interests. In addition, the he/she will represent UChicago Impact at conferences, meetings and client presentations. The successful applicant will be able to communicate complex ideas clearly and build positive, productive relationships with internal and external partners and clients. Finally, this unique role will require the Manager of Partnerships and Growth to learn about STEP from the ground-up by observing implementations in the field, perhaps occasionally co-presenting some trainings in order to better understand the content and user-experience.
Other typical work-related activities include:
- With the Co-Director of Partnerships and Growth, contribute to and support the strategic planning and execution efforts in support of STEP’s sales, marketing, and client/partnership
- Strategically plan sales calls and establish actionable follow-up steps
- Collaborate with the Assistant Director of Marketing and Digital Strategy, CoCEOs and/or STEP Co-Director of Partnerships and Growth to shape and support marketing and outreach efforts for STEP
- Manage existing & new client contact & communication
- Resolve assigned client issues
- Assist with contracting process
- Assert vision and provide support to improve process efficiency
- Draft, send, revise and amend client contracts
- Conduct informational meetings regarding STEP (calls/emails/ WebEx)
- Document and maintain shared documentation
- Schedule and arrange travel for Co-Director of Partnerships and Growth & self
- Assist with expense reporting for Co-Director of Partnerships and Growth & self
Qualified candidates must have:
- A Master’s degree in Education, Business, and/or Marketing
- At least 5 years of previous project and relationship management experience
- Experience with business development preferred
- Previous sales experience preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects with multiple leads and/or managers, as well as multiple key internal/external relationships
- Ability to create project plans, timelines and budgets
- Background with MS Office products
- Excel and database work, in particular
- Experience collecting, tracking, and acting upon key performance metrics
- At least 3 years as an elementary classroom teacher (Grades 1-6 preferred)
- Experience providing regular literacy instruction required
- Small group reading instruction (Guided Reading) instruction preferred
- Strong knowledge of formative literacy assessment and instructional practices (and related research)
- Experience with STEP assessment administration preferred
- Desire to collaborate and build strong working relationships with others
- Strong initiative and ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for supporting schools in their work to continuously improve student outcomes
- Commitment to local and out of state travel (10-20% of overall time annually)
All applicants must provide a cover letter, resume and a brief (1-2 page) writing sample to be considered for this position.
UChicago Impact employees enjoy opportunities for personal growth and advancement, rewarding work in a people-oriented environment, an organizational culture that values work/life balance, and commitment to a diverse workforce and an environment of inclusion.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information or to apply to this position, please visit the UChicago Impact employment website at https://uchicagoimpact.simplicant.com/jobs/27789-manager-of-partnerships-and-growth/detail