Director, Navy Yard Leasing and Business Development (Real Estate Leasing Experience Required)
- Job posted by Philadelphia Industrial Development Corporation (PIDC)
1500 Market Street
Suite 2600 West
PIDC is seeking a driven and entrepreneurial real estate professional to join our team as Director, Navy Yard Leasing and Business Development. Reporting to PIDC’s Senior Vice President for the Navy Yard, this individual will drive and execute business attraction and development; leasing; and real estate activity relating to PIDC’s portfolio of land, historic buildings, and maritime assets and also support additional business and real estate development opportunities with key partners at the Navy Yard, including Liberty Property Trust, Urban Outfitters and the Navy.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Business Attraction and Development
- Engage directly with prospects, existing tenants, real estate brokers, and economic development partners to generate new contacts and leads, showcase the Navy Yard, and to produce a high quality pipeline of leasing, development, and land sale transactions at the Navy Yard.
- Represent PIDC and the Navy Yard with the real estate professionals, developer, and brokerage communities at relevant networking and educational events, partnerships, and initiatives.
- Lead tours of the Navy Yard and conduct presentations for a variety of prospects, brokers, partners, stakeholders, and other groups.
- Develop and execute strategic business development plans to market PIDC’s real estate portfolio and produce a pipeline of leads.
- Work in partnership with other Navy Yard stakeholders and developers, including Liberty Property Trust, Urban Outfitters, and the City of Philadelphia’s Commerce Department, to develop and implement broad business attraction strategies for the Navy Yard.
- Use data to track leads and evaluate the success of outreach and business development tactics, and adjust strategies accordingly.
- Negotiate and structure term sheets and final leases for PIDC’s portfolio of land, historic buildings, and maritime assets at the Navy Yard; manage recurring lease renewals.
- Maintain knowledge of market trends, best practices and economics related to commercial office and industrial leasing.
Real Estate Activity
- Administer existing real estate development agreements to ensure compliance and progress toward expected milestones. Current agreements include a Master Development Agreement with Liberty Property Trust and Synterra Partners and a Sales and Development Agreement with Ensemble Partners for a second Navy Yard hotel.
- Support Liberty Property Trust’s development work in the areas over which they have development rights, including coordination with permits, approvals and property matters.
- Initiate, plan and structure development opportunities for key PIDC real estate assets.
- Staff periodic solicitations for development opportunities for PIDC’s portfolio. Future solicitations may include a developer solicitation for a residential development partner.
- Staff key property real estate matters, including a future land swap transaction with the Navy.
- Work with internal and external partners to structure public incentives and PIDC financing packages for Navy Yard tenants and development projects.
- Perform financial analyses to support the master planning and development of specific real estate parcels and areas, including financial analyses related to property values, rents, taxes, construction costs, transportation, environmental and historic features, re-uses, and zoning.
- Coordinate monthly Navy Yard Design Review Committee.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum five years of experience, including direct and meaningful experience in business development and real estate transactions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university with course work in finance, economics, real estate, business administration, or a related field.
- Experience in leasing negotiations and familiarity with the principles and practice of public and private real estate finance.
- Strong organization and project management skills.
- Strong sense of judgment and ability to solve problems creatively, while acting with diplomacy, poise, humility, and tact.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships and partnerships in the public and private sectors.
- Commitment to, and enthusiasm for, PIDC’s mission to attract investment, jobs, business growth, development and tax ratables to help improve the quality of life in Philadelphia.
- Interest in being part of an entrepreneurial and energetic team.
- Proven strength in use of spreadsheet, database, and presentation applications including strong grasp of Excel.
- A valid driver’s license.
- City of Philadelphia resident or a commitment to relocate within 6 months.
PIDC provides a competitive benefits package including generous leave time.
Minimum Education Required