The Development Associate, Corporate and Foundation Relations, assists the Director in administering all facets of institutional fundraising. This position will take an active role in administrative systems, funder and prospect moves management, preparation for proposals and reports, and donor engagement.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter specific to this position that demonstrates your proficiency as a writer, addressing: (1) why working at The Juilliard School in this role appeals to you; and (2) how your previous experience makes you the best candidate for this job.
• Create and maintain a detailed, accurate, and clear solicitation calendar in Raiser’s Edge to ensure deadlines are met.
• Coordinate and draft correspondence for foundation, corporate, and government funders, including acknowledgement letters, invitations, and other mailings. This includes the creation of invitee and mailing lists based on specifications of the Director and the execution of logistical aspects of each mailing.
• Under the oversight of the Director, interface with Juilliard faculty, staff, and students to obtain collateral for proposals and reports, including: student and faculty bios, division and program statistics, qualitative data, budgets, and other institutional materials.
• Assist the Director in copy editing proposal and report narratives.
• Serve as primary point person for benefit fulfillment for institutional donors, including ticketing and event RSVPs.
• Provide administrative support for moves management in Raiser’s Edge, including Opportunities administration and Action tracking.
• Maintain and update all template proposal and report supplementary materials, including the gathering of accurate financial and program data from relevant parties.
• Manage and maintain administration systems for institutional fundraising activities, including accurate and complete donor information, and paper and e-records of proposals, reports, and other donor activity.
• Independently draft certain low-level proposals and reports for renewing funders as assigned.
• Attend and support overall department activities, including occasional evening and weekend events as needed.
• Assume other responsibilities as necessary to support the department and the School.
• 2 years of related experience in a non-profit fundraising environment.
• Superior writing and editing skills.
• Highly organized, motivated, collaborative, and creative with excellent problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work independently and to balance multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Comfort with Raiser’s Edge or similar database software.
• Comfort in collaborating and interacting with various personality types, including high-level members of The Juilliard School community (trustees, major funders, guest artists, etc.).
• Proficiency in standard Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to uphold department and organization standards while fulfilling requests in a timely manner.
• Fundraising experience in a performing arts or conservatory setting, preferred.
• Experience in grant-writing, preferred.
The Development Associate, Corporate and Foundation Relations, assists the Director in administering all facets of institutional fundraising. This position will take an active role in administrative systems, funder and prospect moves…