Details: Salary commensurate with experience
1964 Westwood Boulevard
FOR IMMEDIATE HIRE
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Nexleaf Analytics is a nonprofit technology company with a unique bottom-up approach for bringing data-driven impact to public health and climate change interventions in low- and middle-income countries. Our diverse team of computer scientists, software engineers, mechanical engineers, data scientists, public health experts, environmental advocates, and field managers design and deploy technology to ensure sustainable impact. We work directly with end users and iterate on our technology in the field to ensure that our sensors are customized to meet the specific needs in each country.
Partnering with leading institutions such as Gavi, Google.org, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and Qualcomm Wireless Reach, Nexleaf helps deliver safe vaccines to over 12.5 million babies annually and connect 1,000 rural homes with mobile money payments for reducing carbon emissions through cleaner cooking. We currently work in 12 countries, including India, Mozambique, and Kenya.
We have refined our data-driven approach to solving sector-wide problems, and we seek an experienced financial leader to drive our global operations to the next level.
At Nexleaf, you will:
● Be a Maker
○ You're willing to take risks, roll up your sleeves, and iterate on solutions to see your ideas come to life.
○ You’ll work directly with founders to design and execute new ideas.
○ You take initiative and can work collaboratively and respectfully with internal and external partners to move mountains.
● Innovate for Impact
○ You are motivated by social impact and making a difference the world.
○ You’ll be on the cutting edge of technology for development, revolutionizing sectors to help the poorest people in the world.
○ You can come up with creative new solutions to old problems.
● Build Capacity
○ You are always striving to build your own, your team's, and your client's capacity through learning and teaching.
○ You're not afraid to ask questions, and you're never too busy to answer someone else's.
○ You seek a diverse work environment where you are treated with respect and challenged to grow both professionally and as a person.
● Do More with Data
○ You believe in the power of data and want to empower others to make better decisions with their data.
○ You operate with integrity, base your arguments in facts and figures, and keep an open door & open data policy.
○ You can solve problems from the bottom-up just as well as from the top-down.
The Director of Finance will be a hands-on and collaborative manager, overseeing all aspects of Nexleaf’s financial strategy, business planning, budgeting, and forecasting. The Director of Finance will be a key member of Nexleaf’s senior team and will work closely with the CEO, CTO, and COO to support Nexleaf’s financial success and growth.
This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance leader to maximize the internal capacity of a dynamic, well-respected, high-impact organization.
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Essential functions include:
1. Financial Planning and Analysis:
● Prepare timely and accurate budgets for various projects and the organization as a whole, forecasts of financial metrics, ad hoc financial reports, and other fiscal impact statements to inform executive decision making.
● Lead annual budget preparation for Nexleaf and subsidiary corporations. Oversee budget variances throughout the year, and help each department in strategic spending decisions.
● Provide fiscal advice to CEO and Board of Directors on solutions to business challenges.
● Perform financial data analysis to inform pricing strategy.
2. Financial Processes and Oversight:
● Manage the development, implementation, and enforcement of fiscal policies and procedures to ensure operational and programmatic effectiveness.
● Supervise all finance processes to insure continual improvement of efficiency and effectiveness.
● Optimize handling of bank relationships and initiate strategies to enhance cash position.
● Manage cash flow and work closely with senior leadership on monitoring and accountability of expenditures.
● Streamline and oversee bookkeeping to expedite monthly closing.
● Manage outsourced and in-house financial functions, including overseeing accounting and control systems of subsidiary corporations.
● Oversee all grant spending, tracking, and reporting thereof.
3. Audit / Fiduciary Responsibilities:
● Coordinate and lead the annual audit process with the Audit Committee.
● Work with accounting and legal advisors to maintain compliance with laws and regulations related to finance and audit requirements.
4. Business Support:
● Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics/KPI for leadership team and board reporting.
● Inform contract negotiation with vendors and suppliers.
● MBA required
● Strong financial data analysis skills and Excel proficiency
● 2-5 years of financial management experience at a non-profit and/or organization that manufactured a product
● Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and collaborate with diverse internal & external stakeholders
● Experience at a high-growth organization preferred
● International (India) and non-profit accounting experience in compliance with GAAP and federal regulations preferred
Benefits include health, dental, and vision; life insurance; flexible spending account; pre-tax commuter plans; 401(k) retirement; generous holiday and time-off.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Director of Finance – Los Angeles, CA – [Your first and last name]” to apply. Please send a résumé in Microsoft Word or PDF format and a brief statement about what makes you a strong candidate, including details about your skills and previous experience.
Nexleaf Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state or local law.