2 Brookview Street
The mission of Brookview House is to help homeless families develop the skills and attitude necessary to break the generational cycle of homelessness and poverty.
Brookview House provides a holistic, family-centered continuum of services aimed at assisting families to obtain and maintain permanent housing and becoming self-sufficient. Service components include housing, housing search, case management, life skills, counseling and support groups, advocacy and other supportive services as well as on-site youth development programs. Our housing portfolio offers emergency shelter, transitional housing and affordable rentals.
Manages the provision of services to individuals and families by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate staff:
- Management of the day-to-day operations of adult services as well as providing direct services.
- Development and management of internal and external supportive programs and external relationships.
- Supervision and training of program staff to ensure effective delivery of services.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: (Not inclusive)
- Oversees the service plans of each family.
- Ensures that the maximum number of families are placed into sustainable permanent housing and remain successfully housed. This includes working closely with staff, DHCD, and other providers as well as providing direct services as needed.
- Responsible for building collaborative relationships with other programs to provide clients with comprehensive services.
- Ensures the timely completion and accuracy of all required assessments, rehousing plans, service notes and other required documentation.
- Facilitates house meetings, recovery and educational groups.
- Liaison to DHCD and other agencies.
- Oversees the collection, entry, reporting and analysis of all required data into required software systems and ensures data accuracy. Performs data entry as required.
- Provides program coverage (including on-call) and crisis intervention.
- Bachelor's Degree or Associates with a minimum of four years relevant experience (three of which are supervisory)
- Must be familiar with the impact of homelessness, substance abuse, and domestic violence issues
- Must have extensive knowledge of Boston area human and clinical services
- Must have extensive knowledge of housing resources and processes for homeless families
- Must have experience working with and advocating for low-income families
- Must have demonstrated group facilitation skills
- Effective written and oral communication, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrate effective management of a multi-site and multi-faceted program
- Ability to travel between sites
- Availability to be on call after hours to respond to emergencies
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of Data Base input and utilization, word processing, e-mail and Internet
- Must possess a valid Massachusetts driver's license and access to a vehicle
- Must be fluent in English. Fluency in Spanish or Haitian Creole a plus
health and dental insurance; paid holidays, personal, vacation and sick.
Level of Language Proficiency
English and Spanish
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to: Careeropportunities@brookviewhouse.org