Details: Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
333 North Street
POAH Communities, an exciting and highly entrepreneurial organization committed to community development and to preserving ‘at risk’ affordable rental housing, is seeking a highly qualified individual to serve as a full-time Community Impact Coordinator. The Community Impact Coordinator will serve in a vitally important role as the liaison between the residents who live at our Central Annex apartment developments in Pittsfield, MA and the POAH Communities Community Impact department.
POAH Communities is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building and improving communities. In addition to providing safe, comfortable, and affordable homes, we believe that well-managed housing can empower residents and serve as a platform for their success. We do this by working with local and national partners to provided services and supports to residents in the following outcome areas:
- Stable Housing: Ensuring all residents have an opportunity to realize their goals by removing barriers to staying in their home and growing within the community.
- Health: Supporting access to quality healthcare for youth, adults, and seniors across our portfolio.
- Education: Pledging to grow pathways to quality, affordable childcare, afterschool, and adult education.
- Employment: Strengthening partnerships with local employers and educational institutions to support income growth for individuals and families.
- Financial Stability: Through a variety of innovative programs and partners, encouraging the use of quality financial products, financial coaching, savings, and planning for the future.
- Community Engagement: Integrating our goals with those of the community to galvanize resident leadership in support of a better quality of life in all of our communities.
Reporting to the Property Manager, the Community Impact Coordinator will be responsible for assisting and supporting residents in the following ways:
- Assess the needs of residents and families of Central Annex apartment development by administering an annual resident survey
- Develop and implement supportive service programming in collaboration with residents, site staff & management and local community service providers
- Coordinate the delivery of services with local human service providers
- Identify promising programs or opportunities for youth and families in the community, examples include: health workshops, benefits enrollment, meal delivery programs, community building activities and more.
- Maintain all necessary information regarding services to residents in a confidential manner following the regulatory guidance provided by HUD.
- Establish program targets, track and measure progress. Analyze and use outcomes data as the basis for continuous program improvement, then report program outcomes to internal and external stakeholders
- Effectively communicate with residents by newsletter, flyer, bulletin board, etc., to ensure residents are informed of available resources and programs
- Remain updated on Fair Housing, EIV, ADA, mandated reporting and other pertinent HUD rules and regulations and lease, house rules and related documents governing tenant residency at the assigned community
- Attend all required meetings and prepare and participate in additional and/or special Projects, as required from time to time by the Property Manager.
Qualified candidates will ideally have:
- Minimum of three years prior experience in resident/social service programs (preferably in affordable housing)
- Ability to work with and motivate diverse resident populations
- Basic proficiency in the use of computers including Word and Excel
- Demonstrated time management skills and proven organizational skills
- Resident Coordinator certification is a plus
- College degree ideally with a focus in social work, urban planning, public health, human services, or community development is a plus
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits include full health and life insurance, a generous earned leave program, and a 401k retirement plan with company match. POAH Communities is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in the workforce. For more information, visit us at www.poahcommunities.com. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter via email to James Singleton (email@example.com).
About POAH COMMUNITIES: The mission of POAH Communities is to provide high quality property management and customer service to the residents that live in our communities. POAH COMMUNITIES provides connections to opportunities for our residents and partnerships that improve the quality of life in our communities. POAH COMMUNITIES is a company that develops and honors its employees and delivers long-term value to its owners and partners.
Benefits include full health and life insurance, a generous earned leave program, and a 401k retirement plan with company match.
Minimum Education Required