425 Lafayette Street
The Public Theater is seeking a Production Office Assistant who will report to the Production Administrator and provide overall administrative and operational support to the The Public’s fast-paced Production office.
· Ordering and maintenance of Production department office supplies, including managing Staples Orders and their delivery
· Assisting with event planning / set-up
· Maintenance and updating of Prod Admin documents
· Running related errands, including ordering or picking up meals
· Assisting with travel arrangements for members of the Production Staff
· Assisting with vendor contracts
· Updating the office white board to reflect upcoming show details, including the dates of the tech period, previews, openings, closings, the space, and the assigned Production Managers
· Assisting on individual projects, such as proofreading or working with show and season budgets
· Distributing department paperwork, such as New Employee packets, tax exempt forms, W4s, and transmittal forms
· Other projects as necessary
· Covering phones for the Production Executives when Assistant to the Production Executive is away
· Distributing Overhire, Seasonal, and Full-Time paychecks and stubs, which entails:
o Distributing in the office, documenting and mailing out on Fridays, pulling PA and SM interns checks and taking to Company Management, remedying issues of "lost" paychecks with Payroll, dealing with paychecks/paystubs returned in the mail
· March – October: obtaining names from departments for paychecks that need to get up to crew in the Park, pulling them, and taking them to the Park and distributing.
· Entering Vacation requests in ProdAdmin calendar and archiving requests digitally on PDrive.
· Note-taking for Production Department Weekly meetings and distributing.
· Managing $3K Production/Operations petty cash bank which entails reimbursing receipts and reconciling bank monthly.
· Reconciling and coding all other Production petty cash floats: six departmental floats and three or more production floats per show.
· Double-checking Costume debit card reconciliations.
· Managing Accounts Payable checks, including distributing reimbursements, vendor checks, petty cash floats, etc.
· Retrieving and sorting the mail, including pulling Invoices for Production Administrator.
· Updating Production "Ticket Availability" board daily and being general ticket liaison for Production department.
· Calling vendors to follow up on Invoicing
· Backup for payroll, entering ESTA data
· Assisting with submitting weekly IATSE benefit breakdowns to Finance
· Ordering plotter paper, Purchase Orders with Marketing
· Enter invoices into Concur
· Scanning receipts into computer
At least 1 year of office experience, attention to detail, excellent communication and organizational skills. Must be proficient in MS Word, Outlook and Excel. Experience with Concur and Event Booking a plus.
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
This is a Non-Exempt position, according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Please send resume and cover letter to ProdAdminJobs@publictheater.org
Minimum Education Required