14 Pennsylvania Plaza
Ovarian Cancer Research Fund Alliance
At Ovarian Cancer Research Fund Alliance (OCRFA), we work every day to fund cures, foster community, further conversations and, ultimately, the cause. As the largest private funder of ovarian cancer research, OCRFA invests $6 million a year in innovative, promising research being conducting at medical institutions throughout the country. Our peer-to-peer patient support program, Woman to Woman, provides hope and insight by pairing newly diagnosed patients with survivors who have already been through the fight and our Ovarian Cancer National Conference brings survivors together to connect, share their stories and learn about new developments in research and treatment. As the voice of the ovarian cancers community, OCRFA advocates for more resources and policies on Capitol Hill and helps educate future health professionals through our Survivors Teaching Students® program. Together, we are united to defeat ovarian cancer.
OCRFA seeks a Development Assistant to join the organization in support of OCRFA’s mission and organizational priorities.
The Development Assistant handles detail-oriented administrative responsibilities relating to fundraising, event management, and donor-related operations. This position reports to the Director of Donor Relations and works closely with others on the development team, as well as senior leadership, to assist with department-related administrative functions, donor inquiries, general correspondence, fundraising event support, gift processing, and donor acknowledgments.
- Process and track all incoming gifts according to defined policies and procedures
- Process credit card donations
- Track ACH donations
- Process employee giving reports
- Verify matching gifts
- Correspond with donors regarding general information, donation inquiries, requests for materials, and other inquiries via phone and email
- Work with Database Manager to identify and properly classify gifts for entry into Salesforce database; assist with data entry and ongoing database clean-up
- Assist in the process of generating timely donor acknowledgement communications and honor and memorial gift notifications
- Provide support as needed for signature events and other fundraising efforts, including event registration, volunteer management, production assistance, and various planning tasks
- Provide general administrative support for development department
- Occasionally represent OCRFA as needed at local events
- Participate in development department and all-staff meetings
- Answer and direct incoming calls as needed
- Other projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree required
- One to three years of administrative experience in a nonprofit setting including prior phone experience
- Able to work independently, prioritize, set and meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Proficient computer experience (Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Working general understanding of databases (Salesforce experience strongly preferred)
- Working general understanding of fundraising platforms (Classy experience strongly preferred)
- Professional written communications skills
- Professional phone manner
OCRFA is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required