Details: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
1803 Elmwood Avenue
716 Squash seeks an experienced squash player with an interest in youth development to be the Middle School Squash & Wellness Coach at Buffalo’s squash and education program. 716 Squash provides long-term support and life-changing opportunities through education, mentoring, service, and squash to Buffalo youth with limited access to resources. The Squash & Wellness Coach will be responsible for working with 25-35 middle school students, mostly beginners, in squash programming, fitness activities, tournament planning, and evaluation of athletic progress. This is a unique full-time opportunity for a high-level squash player with an interest in youth programming to expand and improve the services of a unique nonprofit. The successful candidate will bring a desire to enrich and motivate Buffalo youth, using squash as a tool for inspiration and engagement.
- Create and implement a daily squash and fitness curriculum, including team-building exercises and lessons on sportsmanship and athleticism.
- Recruit, train, and manage squash volunteers, ensuring volunteers at every session.
- Manage squash tournament schedule and entries: U.S. squash entries, tournament entry forms, local matches, squash leagues.
- Document progress on each student: collect data on attendance, skills, fitness, etc.
- Coordinate and chaperone student transportation to and from school for program sessions, including van driving (training provided; standard driver’s license and clean driving history required).
- Build meaningful and lasting relationships with students, teachers and parents.
- Manage squash equipment: maintenance, cleaning, shoes, new orders.
- Assist with administrative duties as needed.
- Hours: Weekday hours from 10am-6:30pm; Saturdays from 11-1pm; occasional weekend tournaments, local and travel.
- Squash and coaching skills; college-level varsity experience preferred.
- B.A. or A.A. preferred, but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience working with youth, especially inner-city youth.
- Current driver’s license and clean driving record; three years of driving experience required.
- Pass a criminal history background check.
Start Date: August 2018
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience; includes health benefits, retirement matching, and generous paid vacation time.
To Apply: Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 20th, 2018
716 Squash is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion
Health benefits, retirement matching account, generous paid vacation
Minimum Education Required