2011 Crystal Drive
- Assesses organization-wide developmental needs to drive training initiatives and identifies and arranges suitable training solutions for employees.
- Training and Development – Plan, develop, and facilitate employee training using knowledge of the effectiveness of different training methods. Conducts follow-up studies of all completed training to evaluate and measure results.
- Contributes to review of all internal HR training materials. May serve as trainer to internal IFES events if appropriate.
- Maintains, coordinates and communicates internal training calendar to include technical, non- technical and mandatory training and learning events.
- Develops and maintains organizational communications to ensure employees have knowledge of training and development events and resources.
- Curate online training material to be communicated to staff regarding online learning options.
- Act as a backup point of contact on all HR-related matters, including recruitment, compensation, and benefits. Advise and guide managers and employees on employment relation matters.
- Support project management efforts in support of strategic initiatives. Utilize reports and analyses from HRIS resources to proactively identify trends or issues, conduct root cause analysis, and suggest corrective action. Address opportunities for process improvements and influencing change.
- Other duties as assigned.
Manage and/or perform technical or complex work, requiring ingenuity and capacity to evaluate and respond to new and changing issues. Contribute to the design and development of Human Resources programs that will have strong and positive impact in the areas of staff training & development, and employee relations. Provide supervision to junior staff on IFES systems and procedures, quality of work, and skill building. Performance and outcomes are subject to senior management oversight.
DECISION MAKING/PROBLEM SOLVING: Complex decision-making requiring analysis and consensus-building, subject to management review. Consult with stakeholders within and outside the organization; identify, propose and build consensus around best solutions. Authority to take actions on employee relations, and actions related to Human Resources.
FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY: Assist with department training budget development, authority to approve department expenses and invoices. Authority to investigate, negotiate, and recommend purchases of materials, equipment and logistical arrangements.
RELATIONSHIPS: Maintain collaborative working relationship with team members and other staff within the Programs Division. Partnerships require diplomacy and judgment, with ability to address conflicts or difficulties in a constructive manner.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: May supervise, monitor and coordinate the work of entry level and professional staff to ensure the achievement of program goals.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required in Human Resources or relevant field.
Experience: At least 6 years’ relevant experience in Human Resources Management, experience in nonprofit industry preferred. Experience with people management and managing teams. Prior experience with training and development or learning platforms particularly Cornerstone.
Related Skills or Knowledge: Experienced with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required. Detail-oriented and organized. Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines. Strong communicator, both verbally and in writing. Collaborative, team oriented individual. Strong analytical and commercial acumen with a passion for implementing people programs. Exceptional organizational, time management and relationship building skills. Problem solver and bridge builder with the ability to liaise with individuals across all levels. Outstanding interpersonal skills, customer service oriented, highly motivated approach to work with a drive for delivering excellent results. Ability to work autonomously with a flexible approach
LANGUAGE SKILLS: English required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Standard office work environment, with occasional field travel. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This position actively searches, creatively designs and implements effective methods to educate, enhance performance and recognize performance. They will provide leadership in the design and development of human resources programs that will have strong and positive impact in the areas of staff training & development, employee engagement and employee relations–both internationally and domestically. Coordinate staff morale activities that improve employee experience and tenure. Conduct and perform general HR functions including staff surveys analysis, on-boarding design and co-delivery, manage extended orientation and training and learning systems.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply