1300 L Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Combine your exceptional organizational and communication skills with your desire to promote transparency and accountability in government in a part-time permanent position with the non-partisan Center for Responsive Politics (CRP), producer of the award-winning money-in-politics website OpenSecrets.org.
CRP, a non-profit research organization that tracks money in politics and its effect on elections and public policy, seeks a skilled, professional and energetic office manager. This position includes administrative duties such as payroll, accounts receivable/payable and general office management. The position also entails working closely with the executive director on Board preparations, executive travel arrangements and other duties, as required.
Office Management (70% of time spent)
- Manages the day-to-day office operations such as answering the main line calls, responding to incoming inquiries to the general email account, and retrieving and distributing mail and building access keys.
- Greets visitors and informs guard of guests.
- Organizes staff meetings and coordinates and maintains master calendar with important deadlines.
- Manages conference room calendar, coordinates and sets up meetings and conference calls.
- Orders office and printer supplies.
- Maintains the office condition and arranges necessary repairs with building maintenance.
Executive Assistance (20% of time spent)
- Provides administrative support to Executive Director, including calendar support, coordinating travel when necessary, and expense reports.
- Provides administrative support to the Board of Directors and select Board committees, including assistance with preparing and circulating written materials, scheduling meetings and calls, ordering meals and recording minutes.
- Serves as administrative support to other departments as needed through one-time projects and on an ongoing basis, as needed.
Finance and Human Resources Support (10% of time spent)
- Uses Quickbooks to record bills and writes checks, record income and deposits checks into bank account, enter online donations, create and maintain invoices.
- Provides general operations, finance, HR, and administrative support to the Finance & HR manager, as needed.
- Maintains and distributes petty cash and reconciles account.
- Tracks payroll changes and updates payroll form.
- Administers new hire paperwork and ensures accuracy.
- Supports HR processes including on-boarding and training on company systems.
- Ensures new staff office space and equipment is in place before arrival.
Special Event Support (as needed)
- Assists senior staff with logistical planning for events including scheduling meetings/conferences, coordinating/negotiating vendors, catering, décor, and inviting speakers and attendees, as needed.
- Scheduling and planning office parties, including Happy Hours and holiday parties.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred plus 5+ years of work history;
- Two years of relevant work experience and/or life experience that is in line with the nature of the job;
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize and schedule work activities while managing time efficiently. Ability to follow instructions as may be directed, but capacity to self-manage;
- Confidentiality and discretion while routinely handling sensitive information; accountability, professionalism, and commitment to excellence.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with superior attention to detail, consistent follow-through, strong task tracking skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Proactive problem identification/solving with ability to apply sound thinking to problems
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point), Google and Internet. Quickbooks experience is desirable.
The Center is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. People from underrepresented communities, including people of color, women, LGBTQ and people with disabilities, are strongly encouraged to apply.
This is a permanent part-time salaried position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with professional experience. Approximate expected work time is 15-20 hours per week with a flexible schedule. No company benefits are offered. The ideal candidate will be able to commit to the position long-term (minimum 1 year).
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email résumé and cover letter explaining interest, relevant experience and dates of availability to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject: "Office Manager position." Please send cover letter and résumé as attachments only, not in the text of the e-mail. Due to the volume of applications we receive we will only be contacting those selected for an interview.