Part Time Temporary Contract
Details: Starting Salary $15/hr
610 West 112th street
Liberty LEADS is a NYC-based college access program that has been serving over 200 underrepresented youth between 5th and 12th grade each year since 1989. Liberty LEADS was founded to empower youth by helping them attain higher education, embrace leadership engagement, and create a positive future for themselves and others. Liberty LEADS provides an alternative learning environment in which young people can experience success as learners and increase their ability and motivation to graduate from high school and seek entry into postsecondary education and/or meaningful employment. The program is guided by the principle that all children have gifts, talents, and great potential and can contribute to one another's social and academic growth.
Liberty LEADS is looking for educators who are energetic, creative, and professionally mature individuals who enjoy working with youth during the summer. If you are looking to be part of the Liberty LEADS supportive and dynamic team and have an innovative curriculum to share please review the duties and qualifications below and apply.
Programming begins July 2, 2018 and will meet the first week Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (Wednesday July 4th National Holiday),and continues for the remainder of July meeting Monday through Thursday. Required hours are 9:00 am to 3:30pm. All applicants must be able to work the entire program and willing to accompany students on field trips. Salary is commensurate with experience and available funding. Mandatory Teacher Orientation & training will take place in June, date TBA.
- Support the implementation of curriculum in small group setting (10-15 students)
- Assist Lead Instructor and LLP Staff with assigned duties
- Lead groups in community building activities
- Employ Classroom and behavior management skills
- Reflect upon practice with supervisor daily and adapt to challenges
- Managing students both in and outside of the classroom
- Participate in student outings
- Participate in TA training
- College Students majoring in a related field (Liberty LEADS alum strongly encouraged to apply)
- Demonstrate knowledge of child development
- Experience planning and implementing curriculum in group settings
- Experience running activity based adolescent groups a plus
- Salary commensurate with experience
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please forward cover letter and resume to:
Marisol Saks, Operations Manager - Banks Street College of Education - Liberty Leads
firstname.lastname@example.org & apply through the Bank Street website