Details: Depending upon qualifications and experience,
1715 W. Florence Avenue
SCOPE is a grassroots membership-based community organization located in South Los Angeles. We organize with and for poor and working-class communities of color to counter the structural forces producing and maintaining social and economic injustice. As part of SCOPE’s commitment to movement-building beyond our own organization, SCOPE’s Administration is focused on implementing and maintaining sound internal management systems that support the organization’s work and staff.
SCOPE currently seeks an Administrative Coordinator to manage five main areas of the organization. Operations, Fiscal, Facilities, Internal and Board of Directors. The Administrative Coordinator reports to the Deputy Director and President. The Coordinator is expected to integrate their creative vision, experience and competencies and commitment to achieving the organization’s goal as well as larger social justice goals into their work. While the components function with a level of autonomy, there is an expectation for a high level of interface, collaboration, cooperative and mutual support to the role.
Administrative Coordinator Responsibilities:
● Provide direct supervision to IT staff and contractors
● Monitors implementation of policies and procedures, recommends updates
● Provides orientation for on-boarding and in-service as needed
● Develops and maintains purchasing systems and inventory controls
● Design component budget and implement task within the cost limits
● Assist with day to day accounting; AP and AR duties
● Assist with annual budget development and audit preparation
● Grants Management
● Responsible for building and office equipment leases and maintenance
● Maintain quality control on supplies and organizational assets
● Serves as Secretary of the Organization and maintains all status documents in current and legal standing.
● Development of practices and procedures to systematize / standardize office procedures.
● Manage personnel files, health benefits and performance reviews
● Contributes to building / strengthening administrative functions for the organization
Board of Director’s
● Maintain constant / consistent communication
● Support board committees and attend all board meetings / retreats
● A familiarity with the intertwined issues that shape material conditions in low-income and communities of color, as well as their structural/root causes.
● A proficiency in managing people and systems
● Takes both initiative and direction.
● Strong work management skills: planning, prioritizing, executing, tracking and both independently and collaboratively.
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Knowledge of computers systems; Microsoft suite, Google, Outlook, Accounting Software – Accufund
● Extensive knowledge of non-profit management and operations
● Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
● Seasoned administrator in non-profit management
● AP / AR experience
● Ability to speak Spanish a plus
● Culturally sensitive and competent with a high level of acceptance of diverse cultures and lifestyles
● Preferable a history of involvement in social justice issues.
Full benefits (health, dental, vision, 401(k)), excellent vacation, training, and room for advancement.
Level of Language Proficiency
Ability to speak Spanish a plus
Minimum Education Required