909 North Washington Street
The American Research Center in Egypt – a nonprofit dedicated to preserving and fostering knowledge about Egyptian cultural heritage, historic monuments and archaeological wonders – is looking for a temporary associate to assist with marketing communications, article research and writing, along with other tasks in its Alexandria, Virginia office. The ideal candidate enjoys working with a small team at a fast pace on a variety of projects and duties. This position is ideal for someone interested in gaining professional experience in a team setting and developing skills in communication, outreach and nonprofit management.
- Writing for ARCE’s social channels, email promotions and website
- Updating and editing website content using a CMS
- Working on various tasks for the website redesign at arce.org
- Assisting with various promotional campaigns: researching, writing and editing content, working with archival photographs and other relevant materials
- Supporting many aspects of creating and managing ARCE publications -- the membership magazine, Scribe, and the Journal of the American Research Center in Egypt
- Additional duties as assigned
Skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-2 years of work experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and adapt in a fast-paced work environment alongside a small staff
- Experience in interpretive writing, academic research or web development useful
- Skill at balancing multiple projects concurrently and achieving results against competing deadlines and priorities.
- An interest in ARCE’s mission, international collaboration or nonprofit management beneficial
This is an hourly paid position for up to 35 hours per week and is not eligible for employee benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and short writing samples to Meg Martin at email@example.com.