Details: The annualized compensation for this position falls between $32,000-40,000 as overtime is frequently incurred.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 5,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Since 2009, CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations including Memphis WIN. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
One of our core program positions is the Work Crew Site Supervisor. Site Supervisors work to positively impact the lives of individuals recently released from prison or jail by training, coaching, and supervising a team of 5-7 program participants on work crew sites as they work collaboratively with CEO staff to secure full-time employment.
In this role, you will create a positive work environment that promotes safe working conditions, encourages and enables the development of participants and their employment skills, and fosters high morale across the crew. This role is ideal for an individual who doesn’t want to sit at a desk all day, who has a proven track record of leading teams to achieve success, and whose efficient and friendly customer service makes you a trusted partner. The best part about being a Site Supervisor is the quality time you get to spend working with participants and the opportunity to make real impact in their lives.
Site Supervisor work hours are typically 6:30AM-3:30PM every weekday (M-F), with approximately 250 work days per year.
Skills and Attributes You’ll Need to Be Successful
- Demonstrated commitment to CEO’s mission and interest in working for a fast-growing, results-oriented organization
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with individuals of varying backgrounds and experiences
- Ability to lead and motivate a team and resolve conflicts constructively
- Ability to analyze, solve routine problems, and make decisions
- Ability to foster strong team spirit and focus on achieving collective results
- Ability to identify the steps of a project, set appropriate deadlines, identify the necessary resources, and hold self and others accountable to outcomes and deadlines
- Respect, fairness, and patience
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and at a sustained pace
- High school diploma
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- 2-4 years of supervisory experience of similar work
- Experience in general labor, construction, park and street maintenance, landscaping or grounds-keeping, building maintenance, or other skilled trades; experience operating site equipment
- Must be able to:
- Consistently lift and move objects up to 40 pounds
- Stand, kneel, bend, and climb in order to complete projects
- Work indoors and outdoors
- Walk or stand for long periods of time
- Drive a 12 passenger van
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more at ceoworks.org.
CEO is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Team members can also access CEO’s comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your application materials, including a resume and cover letter, using the provided link. Please note: our application portal is optimized for use with Google Chrome.