Reporting to the Manager, HR & Talent Acquisition, the Talent Specialist will support a variety of talent activities at Simons Foundation. The Talent Specialist will lead full-cycle recruitment for technical positions within the organization. They will partner closely with the hiring managers in departments such as Informatics, Scientific Computing Core and Business Technology teams. Typical positions include but are not limited to: software engineers, scientific computing infrastructure support and research data analysts.
In addition to leading technical recruitment, the Talent Specialist will work collaboratively with the rest of the department on general human resources initiatives including but not limited to onboarding, legal and policy requirements, employee relations, compensation and metrics.
- Manage up to 10 searches simultaneously, carrying out the full-cycle recruitment process
- Source candidates for technical and non-technical positions at all levels ranging from entry to senior management
- Build and shape Simons Foundation's talent pipeline using a variety of sourcing methods, attracting both active and passive candidates
- Work with Manager, HR & Talent Acquisition to integrate sourcing strategies with existing Simons Foundation recruitment processes
- Provide excellent customer service to hiring teams and candidates through successful recruitment process
- Maintain ongoing relationships with hires in order to assist with employee relations and engagement
- Assist with various HR-related special projects and reports on an ongoing or ad hoc basis
- Perform a variety of other tasks as necessary to support the HR department and carry out day-to-day responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of full-cycle recruitment experience, including IT and other technical positions
- Prior experience or training in the field of human resources, industrial/organizational psychology or labor relations
- Must possess a thorough understanding of relevant laws and guiding principles regarding the recruitment process
- Experience working in an Applicant Tracking System (preferably Workday)
Related Skills & Other Requirements
- Understanding of modern software languages, frameworks and technology tools a plus
- Excellent organizational/time-management and multitasking skills
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to build professional relationships both internally and externally
- Superb attention to detail
- Highly professional and able to maintain tact and confidentiality at all times
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Please submit a resume and cover letter stating your interest in the position.
THE SIMONS FOUNDATION'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment. The Simons Foundation provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply