1730 Rhode Island Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
About the Position
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Administrative Assistant will support the Chief Administrative Officer in the day-to day operations of the National Fund to meet organizational needs. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain and balance multiple priorities. The Administrative Assistant will have the ability to work independently or with others to handle a wide variety of tasks.
- Coordinate and set-up meetings in-person and virtually with various stakeholders. This includes general event management such as catering, planning/setting-up, booking travel for event attendees, including reimbursement of expenses incurred by approved attendees, and other tasks as needed;
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President & CEO including: managing an active calendar of appointments and meetings; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings;
- Assist with on-boarding of new staff and training on company-wide systems and platforms;
- Serve as first point of contact for office, including answering and routing incoming calls and greeting visitors;
- Provide scheduling support the staff for organization conference room calendars
- Maintain and distribute databases on a weekly and monthly basis to staff
- Prepare and submit quarterly reports
- Organizing the office layout and ordering stationery, equipment and other office supplies as needed.
- Address employees’ queries regarding office management issues (e.g. supplies, equipment and travel arrangements)
- Assist with the processing of contracts, invoices and payments as needed;
- Maintaining the office condition and arranging necessary repairs with building maintenance;
- Assist in the process and routing of contracts and maintenance of organizational filing system
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Required proficiency in MS Office (MS Word and MS Outlook, in particular)
- Experience working in a team-based approach
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to engage and work with individuals by email and telephone
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree.
National Fund for Workforce Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes excellent benefits. Full benefits including 401k, dental, health, vision and more.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit the following information to Elicia Wilson, Chief Administrative Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter containing the following information
- Your unique qualifications for this position
- Where or how you learned of this job posting
- Your salary requirements