120 Wall Street, 13th floor
amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research, is seeking a Philanthropy Coordinator.
amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research, is one of the world’s leading nonprofit organizations dedicated to the support of AIDS research, HIV prevention, treatment education, and advocacy. Since 1985, amfAR has invested more than $480 million in its programs and has awarded grants to more than 3,300 research teams worldwide.
Assist the Director of Philanthropy with administrative and clerical tasks as well as provide support to the Manager of Individual Giving, Major Gifts Officer, Manager of Institutional Giving with donor identification, cultivation, and solicitation as well as the tracking and recording of prospects, donors, and other data in Raisers Edge.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Draft, proofread and distribute documents, correspondence and memoranda.
· Plan meetings, travel, and provide other administrative support including weekly management group updates, and expense reports for the Director of Philanthropy and the VP of Development.
· Process, track and acknowledge all gifts through Raisers Edge eventually Luminate CRM, and ensure appropriate and timely acknowledgment of gifts.
· Coordinate with Manager of Individual Giving to co-manage an automatic monthly giving program (Epic Allies) including liaising with vendors and preparing annual tax acknowledgments.
· Assist with stewardship of and communication with donors and prospects, including the coordination of mass mailings, recording amfAR staff correspondence and outreach to donors in fundraising software, database and donation processing.
· Field and respond to donor inquiries and requests and update donor information.
· Maintain donor electronic files and correspondence.
· Assist in coordination and implementation of major gift cultivation, prospecting events, and activities, including vendor contracts and payments and on-site staffing and troubleshooting.
· Assist Director of Philanthropy with preparation and analysis of department budget and board report
· Assist Business Partnerships Manager with tracking of sponsorship constituents in database.
· Assist the Prospect Researcher with research.
· Assist the Manager of Institutional Giving with proposal preparation and grant acknowledgements.
· Perform any other job-related duties as assigned by Philanthropy Director or Vice President.
Bachelor’s degree and one-two years general office experience or a combination of course work and relevant experience. Detail oriented, deadline driven and strong analytical, organizational and administrative skills. Excellent writing and communication skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks is essential. Ability to manage multiple demands and work well independently or within a team. Facility with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Powerpoint essential. Raisers Edge and Salesforce preferred. Flexibility to work occasional extended days and weekends.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants should forward their resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
No agencies please.