50 Park Place
The Partnership's Healthy Families (HF) Program of Essex County is a home visitation program that pairs trained Family Support Workers with pregnant women and young families. During regular home visits, families learn about child development and parenting, identify their unique strengths and skills, and develop resiliency.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for establishing and maintaining a long-term relationship with the families enrolled in the Healthy Families/TANF Initiative for Parents Essex County Program. Conduct home visitation services from pregnancy through the child's third year.
- Outreach families referred through Central Intake or a Service Provider
- Use standardized screening tool to determine eligibility for home visitation services
- Conduct family-centered and strength-based home visits based on family's level of service
- Interview/conduct Parent Survey with parents to identify strengths/risk factors
- Conduct weekly outreach efforts to engage hard to reach clients
- Document weekly home visits, assessment tools, and forms in timely and confidential manner
- Utilize Parents As Teachers curriculum to help improve parent child interaction
- Assist in strengthening the parent-child relationship
- Assist parents in improving their skills to optimize the home environment
- Assist in increasing the family support system and the family's ability to problem solve
- Identify and refer to other supportive agencies, including healthcare appointments
- Assist with organizing and facilitating parent workshops
- Provide advocacy at appointments, as needed
- Maintain own functioning vehicle in good working condition at all times
- Handles other assignments as requested
DESIRED EDUCATION & SKILLS:
- High School graduate; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Two years of experience in working with children (0-3 years of age) and families
- Knowledge of normal child growth/development and parent-child relationships
- Experience in working with community agencies, including implementing referral processes
- Ability to establish and maintain personal/programmatic boundaries, while providing services.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working with culturally diverse communities/families and ability to be culturally competent
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy in MS Office Suite
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email résumé, cover letter and salary requirements to:
Healthy Families Program of Essex County
Partnership for Maternal & Child Health of Northern New Jersey
50 Park Place, Suite 700
Newark, NJ 07102
Submissions without a cover letter and/or salary requirement will not be considered. We thank you for your interest in working for The Partnership. Once submitted, your résumé will be reviewed, and if your background fits our needs, someone from our office will contact you for an interview.