Qualifications: BA. Early Childhood Education. Two years of experience working as a teacher in a preschool program.
Head Teacher responsibilities:
- Provides any and all documentation necessary for program licensing under PA Department of Public Welfare and PA Department of Education regulations.
- Knowledge of and compliance with all Settlement Music School Code of Personnel Practices, Head Start Performance Standards, CACFP, Keystone Stars, School District of Philadelphia, and NAEYC Accreditation Criteria.
- Works cooperatively with all Settlement Music School staff, Early Childhood Program staff, and all other support service providers. Regular and frequent communication with Kaleidoscope Social Worker of all information on children’s health, welfare, education,’ and family issues.
- Supervises assistant teachers, parents, visitors, and volunteers.
- Orientation and training for new staff, substitutes, and student teachers.
- Curriculum planning and implementation consistent with NAEYC guidelines for Developmentally Appropriate Practice, PA Early Learning Standards, Keystone Stars criteria, Head Start Performance Standards, and the Kaleidoscope Preschool Arts Enrichment Program Curriculum/Creative Curriculum. Providing and posting monthly lesson plans and reflections for the school year. Daily communication and review of curriculum lesson plans with Kaleidoscope artist-teachers. Full participation in art classes and assistance for art teaching. Adheres to appropriate supervision policies. Preparation and completion of all steps in individual child assessment process.
- Fully participates in special events, staff meetings, research projects, conference presentations, or other assignments that are mandatory.
- Facilitates and encourages positive daily parent communication and involvement in the Kaleidoscope Program.
- Sets up and maintains classroom, orders supplies, and inventory. Ensuring all postings are clear and presentable and keeping the classroom clean and tidy.
- Oversees and maintains daily, weekly, and monthly record-keeping.
- Participation and contribution to program planning, evaluation, and professional development. Seeks ongoing personal professional development, and supports the professional development of co-workers.
- Performs any duties assigned by the Early Childhood Director necessary to sustaining the growth and improvement of all programs included in the Settlement Music School Early Childhood Initiatives.
- Maintains professional demeanor with co-workers, administration, children, and parents at all times.
Head Teachers work under the direct supervision of the Early Childhood Program Director and will receive a written, yearly evaluation by the Program Director.
COVID-19 and Workplace Policy:
As of September 21, 2021, Settlement Music School requires that all on-site employees show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Medical and religious exemptions are reviewed on an individual basis.
Settlement Music School is an Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.