Manager, Corporate Alliances and Exhibition Operations
- Job posted by American Thoracic Society, Inc.
Manage the Industry Supported Symposia, Industry Theaters, Practical Workshops, Guru Bars, Hotel Meeting Space for the ATS International Conference. Manage development and production of ATS Rate Card, International Conference Quick Start Guide, and Non-CME Symposia Guide. Manage booth fulfillment and receivables, and monthly financial reporting to Director, Corporate Alliances and Exhibit Operations, and Chief, Corporate Alliances. Provide project management for key unit initiatives, driving over $1.6 million in unaccredited program and supporting advertising sales revenue.
Primary Responsibilities include:
· Manage Non-CME Industry Symposia, Industry Theaters, Practical Workshops, and Guru Bars within ATS Board of Directors-Approved Policies so that mutually beneficial scientific and marketing objectives of the highest standards are established and maintained.
· Manage the Hotel Meeting Space request process for the International Conference.
· Manage major projects for the Corporate Alliances and Exhibition Operations department. These projects include but are not limited to:
o ASCEND RATE CARD/SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
o NON-CME SYMPOSIA LOCATOR GUIDE & QUICK START GUIDE
o EXHIBITOR SERVICE MANUAL
o EXHIBIT GUIDE
o EXHIBITOR WEBSITE
o CONFERENCE SIGNAGE
o CONFERENCE MATERIALS
· Manage the booth sales process for exhibitors via processing of all booth applications, tracking all check requests and invoices, following up on outstanding deposits and payments, processing refunds and cancellations as needed, providing prompt customer service to questions or issues; updating the year-to-date spreadsheet for the accounting department, as well as documenting all information for reconciliation and/or Open Payments reporting.
· Manage Corporate Alliances and Exhibit Management SalesForce databases.
· Manage the vendor email communication calendar to ensure all marketing messages from vendors to exhibitors are reviewed, approved and scheduled by the ATS.
· Provide support to the unit including input and feedback for department budget and sales forecasting.
· Required Travel (Dates are approximate and subject to change; approximately 15% travel required):
o ATS International Conference: Third Week of May
o Three ATS International Conference Site Visits: Late June or Early July; October; March
o Industry Conferences for Skill Development and Customer/Vendor Interactions:
o Healthcare Convention and Exhibitors Association - Annual Meeting—Third Week of June;
o IAEE Expo Expo Annual Meeting – First week of December
o NY IAEE Chapter meetings – four a year
o ATS/Ascend Media Summer Planning Meeting – August
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
· 4-6 years of management experience;
· Certified Exhibit Manager (CEM) preferred
· Ability to work independently a must
· College graduate strongly preferred
· Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills
· Presentation skills (or at least a willingness to learn)
· Ability to market the organization and its activities
· Action oriented with effective follow up
· Demonstrated ability to manage financial reporting
· Excellent attention to detail
· Excellent writing and proofreading skills
· Practical experience in common software applications (SalesForce, Map Your Show, Microsoft, etc.)
· 15% travel required
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefit package, including medical, dental, life, ltd, 403(b), FSA. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org