District of Columbia
Earth Day Network currently seeks a highly motivated professional, experienced in Wordpress development and website design to take on the role of Web Developer and Webmaster.
Earth Day Network Description
Earth Day Network's mission is to broaden and diversify the worldwide environmental movement and to mobilize it as the most effective vehicle to build a healthy, sustainable environment, address climate change, and protect the Earth for future generations. Earth Day Network is the world's largest recruiter to the environmental movement, working with more than 50,000 partners in 196 countries to build environmental democracy. We work through a combination of education, public policy, and consumer campaigns to accomplish our goals.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- At least 3 years of web development experience, with high proficiency in WordPress.
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization
- Experience with UX design
- Experience with planning and executing a web strategy
- Graphic design experience
Technical Skills Required:
A candidate for this position will have broad experience and in-depth knowledge of the variety of technologies required for WordPress development, and be able to demonstrate an ability to contribute high quality code to the codebase of EDN’s website.
Specific skills include:
- frameworks - WordPress, jQuery.
- Knowledge of Linux, Nginx and Apache.
- Knowledge of Git
- Knowledge of graphic design software (Adobe Creative Suite)
Core Personal Competencies:
- Has excellent communication skills.
- Wants to play a vital role in the planning of Earth Day 2019 and Earth Day 2020.
- Is entrepreneurial, creative, has initiative, can work well in teams, are collaborative and have good interpersonal skills. Being adaptive and able to work in a fluid environment in which new opportunities arise daily will thrive at EDN.
- Has ability to work independently.
- Has ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Is hardworking and results-oriented and will do the work he/she has committed to and is honest accounting for it.
- Displays high level of honesty and integrity. We expect our staff member to exhibit at all times a professional and collegial demeanor.
- Is able to work in diverse cultural settings.
- Maintains a schedule and is punctual in attendance to meetings.
Core Professional Competencies:
- Ability to turn needs of the organization into technical specifications and mock-ups to discuss with others in the team,
- Communicate alternatives and plans effectively.
- Assess level of effort accurately to develop timelines.
- Standard technological proficiency (Email, Google Drive, Zoom, etc.).
- Your own computer with relevant software required for website development.
Minimum Education Required