Teachers for NYC Charter Schools is a consortium of non-profit charter schools working to bring great teachers to kids and communities across New York City. We are currently seeking candidates for positions that have not yet been filled for the 2018-2019 school year through November 2018. The application closes on October 24th, though applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, so it is to your advantage to apply as soon as possible.
Our Hiring Process
Successful candidates applying to the Teachers for NYC Charter Schools program should expect to participate in the following steps:
1. Submit your initial application to the Teachers for NYC Charter Schools program. This application includes your basic background, contact, and educational information, your resume, and written responses to four (4) short answer prompts.
2. If invited to the next stage, you will complete a recorded video interview. We will provide you with several short answer prompts for you to respond to in your video.
3. We will share your resume and video with our partner schools who have vacancies matching your subject area.
4. It is ultimately up to our partner schools to make final hiring decisions after interviewing candidates.
5. Candidates who are accepted into Teachers for NYC Charter Schools but not hired by one of our partner schools will need to reapply in December for consideration for the 2019-2020 school year.
Who We Are
Teachers for NYC Charter Schools was created by TNTP, a national non-profit with 20 years of experience recruiting great teachers for urban schools. We help talented teaching candidates find a school that fits their skills and career goals--and we give them a leg up in the hiring process. While we cannot guarantee placement for our candidates, we are able to connect you to our 15 partner charter school networks through one common application. We offer personalized resume advice, pre-interview preparations and provide you with a point of contact during the hiring process to help you successfully market yourself to our partner schools.
Who You Are
We are looking for teachers who:
· Believe that all students are capable of high academic achievement.
· Bring a diversity of backgrounds and life experiences to the classroom.
· Prioritize building deep, authentic relationships with students and families.
· Embrace growth.
We're looking for educators in a variety of subject areas who share our commitment to give all NYC students a challenging and engaging education.
Qualifications and Eligibility
In addition to the above, we are looking for candidates who will be authorized and available to work in New York City beginning immediately. For us to review your application, you must:
· Have earned a Bachelor's degree by July 1, 2018
· Currently in the New York City area
How to Apply
To apply for a teaching position through Teachers for NYC Charters, you only need to submit one application. After our thorough screening process, your application will be given priority consideration by hiring managers at all consortium members' schools.
If you are committed to giving students a life-changing education, we want to meet you!
Submit your application by October 24: https://nyccharters.TeacherTrack2.org/r/22f42780-765e-4c7d-902f-a89500094e4f
Minimum Education Required