Details: Annual salary based on experience and qualifications.
350 W Julian Street, #5
SV@Home is the voice for affordable housing in the Silicon Valley. With an 11-person staff team and a 20-member Board of Directors, SV@Home drives the creation of affordable housing for a more vibrant and equitable Silicon Valley. SV@Home’s approach focuses on policy advocacy, education, and messaging to build the political will to support policies, programs, land use, and funding that will increase the supply of affordable housing for all in Santa Clara County. SV@Home’s vision is a Silicon Valley where all people have access to a safe, stable, and affordable home.
SV@Home is a membership organization, with 300 organizational and individual members who represent a wide variety of sectors and backgrounds.
A 501c3 nonprofit organization, SV@Home is currently in the process of incorporating a new 501c4 organization.
SV@Home is seeking a passionate, well-organized, and creative individual to join the SV@Home team. The Membership and Communications Associate will work closely with the Executive and Development teams to implement SV@Home’s communications plan, focusing on: (1) maintaining SV@Home’s identity and branding, (2) growing SV@Home’s membership and sponsorship base, and (3) redefining the dialogue about affordable housing in the Silicon Valley. This is a full-time (40 hours/week), exempt position that reports to the Deputy Director at SV@Home’s office in Downtown San Jose.
Membership and Development
- Foster strong relationships with members and sponsors by providing information and assistance and providing ongoing recognition.
- Respond to membership inquiries, work with the Admin Coordinator to track memberships in Salesforce database, and send monthly renewal notices and acknowledgments.
- Work with development team to plan and implement annual membership campaign.
- Work with development and events team to secure sponsors for Affordable Housing Week.
- Evaluate and update membership structure and benefits as needed.
- Keep website and membership/sponsorship materials up-to-date, as well as list of current members and sponsors.
- Maintain SV@Home’s brand, including consistent messaging across all communications.
- Assist in implementing a campaign to educate and inform the public about affordable housing, including identifying powerful stories to share with print and broadcast media.
- Implement SV@Home’s media strategy, develop strong relationships with reporters, and write collateral pieces, op-eds, and other articles for publication.
- Write content for, and send out SV@Home’s e-newsletters, strengthen SV@Home’s social media presence, and assist in populating and maintaining SV@Home’s website.
- Assist with promotion of SV@Home events, including Affordable Housing Week in May, as well public meetings and opportunities for community members to engage.
- Provide support at SV@Home’s events, including live-streaming, taking photos, and serving as media liaison.
SV@Home offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; vacation and sick time; 10 paid holidays plus a holiday office closure from December 25th through January 1st; a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan and employer match; a monthly phone stipend; and a parking or public transit stipend.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications will be accepted until 5pm on Monday, November 26th or until the position is filled. Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Membership and Communications Associate Application” in the email subject line. Qualified candidates will be contacted if selected for an interview. Phone calls will not be entertained.
SV@Home is an equal opportunity employer to all regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, actual or perceived gender identity, age, or sexual orientation.