PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: Perform daily tasks to maintain the overall workflow of the AIMS Department. Provide Assistance to Foster Care Case Work Staff.
I. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
· Review/Evaluate Family Assessments, Plan Amendments, Case Closures and Progress Notes.
· Provides support SCO staff in AIMS and program staff on procedures and protocol.
· Responsible for creating, managing and maintaining reports to support program & agency staff overall performance (ie., Recertification Reports, FASP Report, SPRs, Foster Parent mailing letters, Exception to Policy Reports, Program Choice Reports, CANS Reports).
· Responsible for Scorecard FASP Rebuttal & Family assessment timeliness.
· Administrative functions may include: Carrieri & Carrieri correspondence, Goal Change and Termination process coordination, Fair Hearing management, special/exceptional rate process, completing secondary review of tasks completed, filing and other functions outlined by AIMS Director
Education/Degree: Bachelor’s degree required
Years of Experience: Two years experience as a caseworker or equivalent
Other skills and requirements:
· Detailed knowledge of Family Assessment Service Planning, the Child Welfare process, NYC procedures and the Connections computer system.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple responsibilities, adhere to tight timeframes and communicate with managers and staff.
· Superior communication, writing and interpersonal skills.
· Computer proficient with strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access. Familiarity with database software to include “Options” System (preferred, but not required).
· Position is based in Glen Cove; Attendance at meetings and trainings in New York City is periodically required.
Minimum Education Required