- Under general supervision, the Campus Police Officer performs security related activities on BPHC buildings and grounds.
- Protects and safeguards BPHC property from fire, theft, vandalism and illegal entry.
- Performs duties and responsibilities in accordance with BPHC standards and policies.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED required. Proof will be required upon hire.
- Must be eligible for appointment of Special Police Officer licensure under the provisions of Chapter 147 of the Massachusetts General Laws and must possess (within first 6 months of employment) and maintain a Special Police License.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Valid Class D Massachusetts Driver's license. A copy of the RMV driving record will be required.
- Applicant must obtain and maintain a valid Firearm Identification Card
- City of Boston Residency Required
- A Criminal Offenders Records Information request must be completed for this position; however, a record is not an automatic bar to employment but is reviewed in relation to the job applied for
- This position requires direct client/patient contact and as a result of such direct contact, certain immunizations will be recommended and/or required prior to commencement of employment duties
- The Boston Public Health Commission is an EEO Employer and all applicants meeting the minimum requirements are eligible to apply
- he advertised shift and schedule are subject to change at the departments discretion.
AFSCME, COUNCIL 93, LOCAL 787
Grade 11 union wage scare ($709.24 - $971.12 weekly, DOE)
40 hours /week; varied hours and shifts