2318 Mill Road
Who we are:
ASCO is a stable, forward-thinking, growing membership organization that operates in a results-focused work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes over presence or time. This is an Alexandria, Virginia-based position that offers an excellent benefits package, subsidized parking or Metro benefits, and opportunities to participate in professional development programs. To learn more about ASCO, visit www.asco.org/jobs.
Who we are looking for:
A high performing, entry-level Program Associate with at least one year of related office experience to join our Education, Science and Professional Development department. The selected candidate will provide comprehensive, high-quality program and administrative support to the Professional Development division.
If you are a detail-oriented, organized, customer-focused individual who enjoys working in fast-paced environments, we want to hear from you!
What you will do:
- Provide meeting support including arranging logistics, such as travel, hotel, and catering, and assembling presentation and meeting materials
- Provide administrative support for professional development and training programs which include materials preparation, volunteer e-mail communication, scheduling meetings and conference calls, composing meeting minutes, maintaining rosters, collating data and organizing reports in Microsoft Excel
- Serve as the primary customer service representative for the division responding to high call volume and e-mails
- Serve as the front-line representative for ASCO’s In-Training Exam and digital education package by responding to customer service calls and e-mails, managing data in Microsoft Excel to maintain registration information, monitor programs’ statistics and inform strategic priorities.
- Regularly review and update the professional development content on ASCO.org
What you will need in order to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Tech savvy with an openness to embracing new technology
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills; including oral, written, and listening
- Strong attention to detail; analytical with the ability to see the big picture and exercise judgment, and focused on quality control
- Ability to multi-task and manage own time, priorities, and resources to achieve goals
- Commitment to high-quality work within a team to meet timelines and deliverables with a strong focus on service to ASCO members and customer service
Ideal candidates will also contribute:
- Previous experience working in an association, non-profit or Education division
ASCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Minimum Education Required