Details: Salary is commensurate with education and experience
800 Gates Avenue, 3rd Floor
Who We Are Seeking to Join Us
We seek mission driven full-time educators with high expectations for children and the willingness to engage in deep reflection and growth. Our teachers are: persistent, dedicated professionals, who are team players and have a sense of humor. Teachers at La Cima are passionate about the development, learning and success of all children, and relentless about attaining the best outcomes. We seek educators of high personal integrity and character who are committed to social justice, as we believe that we teach who we are.
LITERACY COACH QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 5 years teaching experience
- In-depth knowledge of reading processes, acquisition, assessment, and instruction.
- Experience working with teachers to improve literacy practices.
- Experience/strength in early childhood education
- Experience in coaching and leading a team successfully
- Dedication to improving the lives of students both in and outside of the classroom
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Evidence of investing in families, colleagues and community members in the success of all students
- A deep understanding of early childhood development
- Ability to analyze data and use to drive instruction
- Experience leading professional development workshops
- Masters degree: New York State Teaching Certification (or eligible for reciprocity)
- Assist principal in overall success of the academic program
- Create a literacy environment conducive to effective instruction across the school
- Facilitate instruction based on current reading/study/thinking research throughout the total instructional program
- Demonstrate (model) reading/learning strategies in classrooms
- Evaluate literacy needs within various subject areas and collaborate to interpret, use assessment data to improve instruction, and problem solve
- Use assessment data to assist with placement of students in appropriate instructional or intervention programs
- Lead faculty in the selection and use of a range of assessment tools as a means to make sound decisions about student literacy needs as related to the curriculum and to instruction
- Conduct regular meetings with classroom teachers to examine student work and monitor progress in order to support teacher reflection and action
- Assist classroom teachers with analysis of formal and informal assessment data on their students to determine student response to instruction
- Assist teachers with planning, sequencing, and scaffolding of instruction
- Participate in team reviews concerning academic progress of at-risk students who are not responding to interventions
- Attend scheduled meetings and family conferences
- Embody the La Cima Core Principles of Community, Accountability, Reconciliation and Effective Effort.
- Participate in a variety of staff development programs, including summer institute, throughout the year with a desire to grow and develop professionally.
- Work collaboratively with school leaders to develop a culture of learning, both inside and outside of the classroom; Recognize the importance of living and teaching our core principles everyday
Paid Time Off, Family and Medical Leave, Parental Leave, Medical Insurance, Pension (403B Summary Plan) and more!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. Interested candidates should email a thoughtful cover letter and current resume to: email@example.com
Although email is the preferred method, hard copies may be faxed to (718) 443-7291 or mailed to:
La Cima Elementary Charter School - Attn.: Nisah Brinson, Principal
800 Gates Avenue, 3rd Floor
La Cima is an equal opportunity employer.