The Public Interest Network Seeks Experienced Administrative Director
- Job posted by Work for Progress
Details: Target annual compensation for this position is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees that a candidate has.
District of Columbia
For more than 40 years, The Public Interest Network has worked to protect our environment, public health, and to improve our quality of life. We face crises that demand thoughtful action at all levels—locally and nationally. The Network has undertaken this type of action not only through our membership-based advocacy organizations, including U.S. PIRG and Environment America, but also through our commitment to many other social change strategies, including our continual training of new organizers and advocates, our defense of environmental protections through our litigation project, insightful research, voter registration, and through our stewardship of fossil fuel-free mutual funds.
At the heart of our network and our ability to maintain our organization for four decades is a commitment to a model for building organizations and organizing for change—one that emphasizes building stable, powerful organizations, efficiency, and accountability to the goals and plans we set out to achieve.
Job Description and Responsibilities
The Administrative Director will be responsible for overseeing financial and administrative initiatives to support the groups in The Public Interest Network. They will work closely with senior staff to advance Network priorities with a focus on improving efficiencies in administrative functions and internal communications. Representative responsibilities and projects include:
- Overseeing the Network’s investments and investment plan
- Streamlining and improving efficiency of accounting and financial systems
- Overseeing IT and security guidelines, and implementation of upgrades and improvements across all groups, departments, and offices
- Overseeing acquisition, design, set-up, and administration of our offices
- Streamlining and improving tracking, reporting, and internal communication systems between internal departments and leadership of Network groups
- Hiring and developing staff and future leadership
Candidates should be detail-oriented, have experience in project management, and have strong problem-solving skills. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of relevant administrative experience, preferably in an activist, campaign or non-profit environment. We’re also looking for candidates who are more motivated by our collective success than by individual achievement.
Additionally, top candidates should be:
- Flexible, able to embrace new challenges, and have a can-do attitude and strong work ethic;
- Able to work independently and creatively, as well as take direction and work as part of a team;
- Able to give clear direction and feedback to others, and hold their peers accountable to shared goals.
Compensation & Benefits
Target annual compensation for this position is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees that a candidate has. The Public Interest Network offers a competitive benefits package.
This position can be based in Denver, CO; Boston, MA; or Washington, DC.
Fill out our online application. Please address your cover letter to Kyle Larson, Hiring Director.
Things To Know When You Apply
The Public Interest Network is a group of organizations that share a vision of a better future, a set of core values, and a strategic approach to making positive change. Click here for things you should know about our network when you apply.
The Public Interest Network is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, pregnancy, or veteran status.
The Public Interest Network offers a competitive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required