Details: Salary is $19-22/hour. This positon is funded at 80% time (32 hours/week), with limited evening and weekend events.
45211 County Road 32B (Chiles Road)
Yolo Basin Foundation is the leading community-based nonprofit organization focused on protecting, restoring and educating the public about the wetlands of the Yolo Bypass. Founded in 1990, its efforts ultimately resulted in the 1997 establishment of the Yolo Bypass Wildlife Area which now covers 16,800 acres of wetland, grassland and farmland habitats.
Yolo Basin Foundation is a nonprofit organization governed by a 15-member board of directors, operated by a professional staff of nine and supported by hundreds of volunteers and members. The organization’s work is funded by private donations and grants.
The donor event & fund development coordinator serves as the lead staff for the Foundation’s donor events; supports fundraising efforts by the executive director and the board fund development committee; coordinates donor cultivation and stewardship activities; and works with administrative staff to maintain the Foundation’s donor database. This is an 80% position and reports to the executive director. Some weekend and evening events required.
Duties and Responsibilities
Donor Events (60%)
· Coordinate Bucks for Ducks, the Foundation’s signature event, including soliciting event sponsorships, overseeing photography and art show, soliciting live and silent auction items, and convening a steering committee to assist with event details
· Coordinate Big Day of Giving
· Coordinate donor events, including VIP tours of the Yolo Bypass Wildlife Area and members-only tours and events
· Assist with fundraising efforts for Duck Days, an annual wetlands festival hosted by the Foundation in coordination with other sponsoring organizations
Fund Development (30%)
· Oversee individual and corporate membership programs, including new donor cultivation, and existing donor stewardship and retention
· Schedule and assist committee chair with fund development meetings
· Sit in on meetings with the executive director and grant writer
Donor Database (10%)
· Track and document donor interactions in Neon, the Foundation’s donor database
· Prepare bi-monthly membership reports for the board of directors
· Minimum of two years’ experience organizing major fundraising events
· Minimum of two years’ experience in nonprofit fund development
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Working knowledge of fundraising databases
· Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
· Ability to work effectively with donors, volunteers and staff
· Must have excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
· Ability to set priorities, multi-task, and meet deadlines
· Knowledge of wetlands conservation and environmental education is preferred
Salary is $19-22/hour with health, dental and vision benefits. Two weeks’ vacation to start and all national holidays.
This position is funded at 80% time (32 hours/week), with limited evening and weekend events.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, applicants should email a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com by Monday, March 5, 2018. References will only be contacted if an applicant is selected for a second interview.