6464 Sunset Blvd.
The Youth Policy Institute transforms Los Angeles neighborhoods using a holistic approach to reduce poverty by ensuring families have access to high quality schools, wrap-around education and technology services, enabling a successful transition from cradle to college and career.
Since the 1990’s, YPI has successfully blended multiple funding streams and partnerships to saturate Los Angeles communities with critically needed services. YPI currently operates a $41 million budget and places more than 1,200 staff at 125 service sites throughout Los Angeles. YPI provide programs and services to more than 100,000 clients each year.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for delivering strong recruitment outcomes for a portfolio of programs. This will be achieved through the implementation and support of recruiting plans, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources. The Talent Acquisition Specialist will play a critical role in ensuring we are hiring the best possible talent. This Talent Acquisition Specialist will have a primary focus on filling part time partial year positions, primary afterschool positions.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Support and implement recruiting plans.
- Network through contacts, association memberships, trade groups, colleges, career fairs and employees to identify and source candidates.
- Work with hiring managers on recruiting planning meetings.
- Create job descriptions.
- Efficiently and effectively fill open positions.
- Conduct regular follow-up meetings with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need.
- Maintain a pool of qualified candidates for our regular open, part time partial year, positions for our afterschool programs.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Post openings in newspaper advertisements, with professional organizations, and in other position appropriate venues, including utilization of the internet for recruitment.
- Improve the company website recruiting page to assist in recruiting.
- Aid the Communications department in establishing a recognizable “employer of choice” reputation for the organization, both internally and externally.
- Communicate with managers and employees regularly to establish rapport, gauge morale, and source new candidate leads.
- Maintain regular contact with possible future candidates.
- Give presentations at colleges, attend student group meetings, and increase college awareness of the organization before and after career fairs.
- Review applicants to evaluate if they meet the position requirements.
- Conduct prescreening interviews.
- Maintain all pertinent applicant and interview data in applicant tracking system.
- Assist in performing reference and background checks for potential employees.
- Assist in writing and forwarding rejection letters.
- Assist in interviewing and selecting employees onsite.
- Assist in preparing and sending offer packages.
- Perform other special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor of Arts degree or other Bachelor level degree highly preferred.
- 1-2 years’ experience in hiring / recruitment including direct experience with candidate assessment and selection.
- Expert knowledge of state and federal employment laws, wage and salary rules and regulations.
- 1 year experience in EEO compliance and/or Affirmative Action, Human Resources and Labor Relations.
- Certified as a PHR or Professional in Human Resources or SR Professional in Human Resources preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to function exceptionally in rapidly growing and fast-paced work environment; ability to multi-task while prioritizing important issues.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of team.
- An ability to develop policies and strategies for assisting, attracting and retaining talented personnel.
- Demonstrated commitment to recruiting and developing a diverse workforce.
- Strong professional ethics and a sensitivity to maintaining confidentiality.
- Prior work experience with a non-profit organization (preferred).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Must be able to follow verbal and written instruction.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills required.
- Must possess outstanding analytical, strong independent judgment and problem-solving skills required.
- Must be detail-oriented and deadline-driven.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent planning skills, resourceful.
- Adaptable to changing priorities and work in fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc). Excellent Internet researching skills.
- Must have access to transportation to travel between sites. If applicable, will be required to provide proof of auto insurance (specific coverage amounts to be determined) and have good driving record (provide H6 printout).
Visit us at: www.ypiusa.org
YPI’s mission is to create opportunities for low-income families and communities through technology, education and training services.
YPI is an equal opportunity employer
Benefits or Incentives:
- Agency sponsored medical, dental, and vision coverage with percentage of paid premium for employee. Eligible dependents can also obtain coverage at an additional cost to the employee.
- Employer paid life insurance.
- Employer paid Employee Assistant Program.
- Option to participate in AFLAC.
- 401K retirement plan with up to 4% deferral matching profit sharing on contributions for all eligible employees.
- Thirteen annually paid holidays.
- Paid vacation and sick time off.
- Agency-issued laptop and case.
- Option to have company-issued cell phone or agency will pay monthly allowance to use your own phone for YPI business for eligible positions.
- Reimbursement of all mileage and travel costs.
- Access to training resources and materials.
- Monthly well-being challenges.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
A completed application and resume are required for consideration. Click on the link below to apply:
View additional YPI career opportunities at: https://careers-ypiusa.icims.com