Job Title – Courier / Warehouse Assistant
Reports to – Warehouse Director
Baby2Baby is a non-profit organization that provides children living in poverty, with diapers, clothing and all the basic necessities that every child deserves. In the past decade, Baby2Baby has distributed over 175 million items to children in homeless shelters, domestic violence programs, foster care, hospitals and underserved schools.
Reporting to the Warehouse Director, the Courier/Warehouse Assistant is responsible for the transportation and coordination of donations and other items for Baby2Baby and plays a critical role in maintaining the warehouse facilities, supporting staff and programs, and ensuring the smooth day-to-day operations of Baby2Baby.
The Courier will work Monday-Friday at 16333 Raymer Street, Van Nuys, CA 91604, with very occasional weekends and early mornings, traveling throughout LA County as well as in the Baby2Baby warehouse. The work is performed driving a cargo van and freight truck between various drop off and pick-up locations and in a warehouse setting.
Duties and responsibilities
- Picks up and drops off donations to our partner organizations.
- Picks up donations from designated retail drop-off locations.
- Picks up donations at homes of individual donors.
- Picks up and drops off bins and materials for donation drives.
- Abides by all traffic rules and regulations.
- Interacts face-to-face with partners, store owners and staff, donation drive organizers and donors.
- Keeps in regular contact throughout each day with the Community Engagement Coordinator and other Baby2Baby staff to update them on progress as well as receive changes to the schedule.
- In some cases, coordinates via phone and email with partners, storeowners and staff, donation drive organizers and individual donors to schedule pick-ups and drop-offs.
- Transports items between Baby2Baby’s two warehouses.
- Loads/unloads items in/out of vehicles and warehouses.
- Conducts daily vehicle inspections and maintenance.
- Maintains work email and responds to emails in a timely manner during work hours.
- Other driving related tasks as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assists the Warehouse Director to ensure the workspace remains safe, clean and workable.
- Unloads trucks and redistributes pallets within the warehouse, as needed.
- Maintains the organization’s facilities and related equipment (pallet jack and pallet stacker, security, cleaning, etc.)
- Works with Baby2Baby staff and volunteers to process donations in the warehouse.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Warm, friendly, respectful demeanor and an outgoing personality.
- Flexibility with schedule that allows for changes that may come up during the day.
- Comfortable driving a sprinter van and a 26-foot truck.
- Current stand-up forklift license.
- Comfort with using both a manual and electric pallet jack.
- Valid driver’s license and an exceptional driving record.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs frequently.
- Comfortable driving throughout Los Angeles county.
- Must be 25 years or older.
- Experience driving a cargo van.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies.
- A team-player with integrity, credibility, and a strong commitment to Baby2Baby’s mission.
- Knowledge of the Spanish language.
- Experience with racking pallets.
Baby2Baby is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff.