ICPH Foundation is a New York City-based operating foundation that works to understand the complexity of—and inform the public about—the causes and effects of child poverty and family homelessness. In addition, ICPH Foundation develops and supports innovative and replicable programs that address the economic and housing instability experienced by thousands of families throughout NYC every day. ICPH Foundation presently funds programs such as the Prospect Family Crisis Nursery, the HFH Summer Camps, and a variety of pre-K and K-12 education and enrichment programs for underserved and homeless children in Queens and the Bronx. ICPH Foundation also supports the policy research work of the Institute for Children, Poverty, and Homelessness.
We are seeking a Director of Culinary Education in the Bronx who will spearhead the development of our Culinary Education and Employment Programs. Our programs are comprised of a full culinary curriculum along with baking and barista components in addition to front-of-the-house training.
- Develop a long-term culinary strategy that embodies the program.
- Design a curriculum for each program component.
- Oversee the preparation of lesson plans and ensure instruction is carried out in a manner consistent with the program’s goals.
- Develop and update culinary, baking and barista training techniques in line with best practices, methods, and trends.
- Create and monitor facility, staff, and class schedules to ensure efficient use of resources.
- Manage staff and participant recruitment process including interviews and training.
- Monitor performance of teaching chefs and education specialists.
- Coordinate with affiliated staff to ensure proper operation and maintenance of all kitchen appliances and equipment.
- Works with purveyors and suppliers for purchasing.
- Oversee and assist with the development of community partnerships with prospective employers to promote programs and graduates.
REQUIRED EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Culinary Arts and/or Baking and Pastry Arts degree or equivalent required. Master’s Degree or equivalent desirable.
- Degree or certification in hospitality management a plus.
- Appropriate certifications including NYC Food Handler’s, ServSafe, and Allergen Safety
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in culinary and/or baking and post-secondary instruction
- A minimum of 3 years professional management experience including the supervision of kitchen and/or baking staff.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in the hospitality industry. Managing culinary, kitchen, and hospitality staff desired.
- Purchasing, procurement and inventory management experience.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including nights and weekends as required by program’s needs.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and function in a typical teaching kitchen environment.
- Must be able to perform hands on demonstrations of culinary techniques and correct use of equipment.
Minimum Education Required