Details: COMPENSATION: Competitive salary; plus health and dental, vision insurance; retirement savings match; generous paid time off policy; paid holidays.
361 West 125th Street
Harlem Commonwealth Council, Inc. (HCC) is a nonprofit community economic development corporation founded in 1967. HCC's original goal of strengthening the economic base of the community has remained firm throughout its existence. HCC has engaged in a myriad of economic development projects from providing support for small businesses to developing a major real estate portfolio. Through the economic ups and downs, HCC has remained committed to being proactive and adaptive in order to focus on building a strong Harlem community.
To be a catalyst in the community that helps to provide opportunities for economic prosperity in Harlem, Upper Manhattan and Bronx.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Senior Accountant provides support of the general accounting function including preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules and ledgers and account, bank reconciliations and interim audit preparation, assisting with monthly closings and account analysis and supporting the CFO in carrying out the responsibilities of the accounting department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain general ledger, prepare journals, perform cost allocations
- Assist in preparation of monthly budget vs actual performance reports
- Reconcile income and balance sheet items
- Prepare analyses of accounts for management and auditors
- Assist with year-end closings, external audits and grant audits
- Administer accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Prepare reimbursement invoices for grants from NYC and State
- Assist with payroll administration and staff cost allocations to projects/QB classes
- Monitor and resolve bank issues and perform bank reconciliations
- Review and process expense reports, purchases and credit card transactions
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
- B.S in Accounting with three plus years’ experience in the For-Profit and Non-Profit areas.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks (2018)
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, specifically Excel to V-lookup level
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to accept and adapt to a changing environment
- Strong organizational and communication skills
NOTE: Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
If you do not have access to email, mail your cover letter & resume to:
Harlem Commonwealth Council –
361 West 125th Street - New York, New York 10027
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter including the following subject line: Senior Accountant to: email@example.com